6864 Troubles

Another thing just to check is which fan did you get? Did it come with an extra bracket? Newer fans are taller and needs an additional spacing bracket to be installed.
The fan part number is AG02005MX107300, the video of installation can be found here:
https://vimeo.com/583212663

Not sure, Iā€™m at work now. But Iā€™ll check when I get home. I wish that was actually mentioned in the video though. You can see the fans are a different thickness. But thereā€™s no mentioning of spacing differences with a bracket and no bracket was included. I also just wish everything had a torque spec(and torx bolts) so there would be no issue with anyone choosing their personal tightness for any of these parts.
*It also still worked perfectly well for 3 roasts. Still no idea how that would be if I installed it incorrectly.

Fan on the left is what came from factory. The fan on the right is the one that lasted 3 roasts. So theyā€™re both the original sized fan. Iā€™m guessing thatā€™s also what made it into my roaster for the 3rd fan.

IMG_20211207_003653|690x310

I donā€™t think we have a toque rating for the screws holding the fan, might be so little to reliable do with normal equipment. For M3 bolts you can use 1-1.2Nm

AG02005MX107300 New Green Tall
MF20080V2-10000-G99 Old White short

1 Like

left is the original. I wrote the removal date on both but you canā€™t see the numbers on the one on the right so I tried taking it off with acetone and that took the model number offšŸ™ƒ Either way, they look the same. Itā€™s not the new, thicker fan

I paid for one and got the other one as a warranty. Should these white labeled fans no longer be getting shipped out?

They will continue to be sent out from distributors until they get the other on stock.

1 Like

Iā€™m kind of bummedā€¦ I was excited to unbox my Bullet today and do the seasoning roasts. Got that error right out of the box. The manual says itā€™s ā€œokā€ if you get this error when you first plug it in, but I canā€™t seem to get rid of it and use the machine. Sent Sweet Mariaā€™s an email. Hopefully wonā€™t be a huge pain to resolve.

Itā€™s a bummer of spend so much on something and it doesnā€™t work when you first plug it in. Youā€™d think something like this would be caught by QA before being shipped out.

Pretty much talking to myself here, but anywayā€¦ kudos to Julio @ Sweet Mariaā€™s for the excellent customer service. He had me try to loosen the screws on the IBTS to see if that would work (I have a new style green tall fan), which it didnā€™t. He sent out a new fan today. Should be an easy swap now that Iā€™ve already disassembled it once. Hopefully be up and running on Wednesday. Really want to get roasting on this thing!

It is difficult to say why it failed. All Bullets are tested multiple times and run through a heat cycle during production. Why the fan then fails later on is a mystery.
If you connect to RoasTime and go to roasting mode then you should be able to see some additional information when clicking the (i) button. This will tell you if the fan is spinning at all and if there are other errors. Might just be the cable connection to the control board or IBTS PCB that became loose during shipment.

1 Like

Thanks Jacobā€“yes, I did connect to RoasTime when I had first started it up. It did show that the IBTS was not spinning at all. It did, for a brief moment, spin up to 30 rpm, but then back to 0. There was notification in red in the (i) window, but no info would show when I clicked it. I assumed it had to do with the IBTS fan as the 0 rpms were also highlighted in red. I didnā€™t observe it much more as the error beeping on the machine was getting too annoying, so I unplugged it.

The physical fan connection appeared secure when I was in there, and as far as I could tell, the fan was just dead. At least I hope thatā€™s the problem, as I have a replacement fan being delivered tomorrow. Iā€™ll install it as soon as I get it.

1 Like

Installed the new fan, and everything seems to be working as it should. Looking forward to doing my seasoning roasts this weekend.

2 Likes

I have this same issue. Itā€™s only my 2nd day with the Bullet. Yesterday, it all worked fine. Today, I got the 6864 error and it says my fanā€™s RPM is 0. I took it apart and the connections seem fine. waiting to hear back from support, but looks like itā€™s a faulty fan???

I suggest backing the fan screws off a half turn to see what happens. Itā€™s kinda tricky but you can also try this leaving everything connected. Then turning it on while itā€™s opened up. You need to plug in the micro USB with it disassembled to see the fan speed

2 Likes

I did try loosening the screws, but the fan still didnā€™t work. Iā€™m currently waiting for a replacement fan to arrive. I hope thatā€™s all it is

From the posts here about 6864 failure, I doubt you will see any further issue. Take photos as you go to get connector orientation right.

Bruce

Well, I got the new fan late yesterday, installed it and I still get the 6864 failure message. So frustrating!! I emailed support and waiting to hear back.

Disappointing! I imagine Support will be able to sort it for you. Have you been able to confirm the blades arenā€™t being stopped by the rubber base the fan attaches to?

Bruce

Yes, I actually tried running it with the fan detached from the base just to be sure. The fan doesnā€™t start up at all.

What serial number is this? Are you sure the cables are correctly seated in the control board? Maybe take some photos and send. The idea of running detached is fine to verify things are working.