Bug: inventory does not deduct new roast weight [fixed]

Thanks for the reply, Derrick.

Just an update…none of my 3 roasts yesterday “deducted correctly” from RW inventory. I’m using the process that lanaiguy and bob outlined a couple of weeks ago.

Just did 3 roasts this past weekend and my inventory on RW deducted properly (except for rounding errors which is to be expected).

This past weekend I roasted with RT v3.1.9 offline (i.e. my laptop wasn’t connected to the internet) because I didn’t want to pick up RT 3.2.3 right away. So in effect I wasn’t “logged in” to RW since I’m offline. Roasting went fine. But for me to edit the roast in RT to identify the bean in my inventory I have to go back online, and then my inventory on RW reflects the amount I roasted. I was fine to let RT update when I went back online after I was done with my 3 roasts (I didn’t want to troubleshoot anything if something was to go wrong).

Hi everyone,

I’m writing here to let you guys know that we tracks down the bug that was causing this issue and will have it fixed soon.

If you guys are available, please let me know if it works on your end. You don’t need to do anything on your next roast but include your green weight information.

I’m having this issue and it’s really causing problems for us. It’s caused quite a bit of confusion about what inventory we currently have to the point that we’ve had to re-weigh every bean we have. A majority of which had incorrect information in RW.

Hey @michael.a.deme5uuh

This has been fixed and will be released along with the next version of RoasTime. We’ve been testing various release candidates (we’re on rc-7 which is probably going to be the last rc) for RT 3.4.0. If you’d like to get early access to this you can join the slack group here for instructions on how to try this out: Slack

1 Like

This has been fixed with the new release of RT v3.4.0. Please see Forced RoasTime update, migration to new Bean Inventory system today (3/7) - #37.

If you still experience this issue after upgrading to RT v3.4.0, please open another issue.

I added 2 new beans through Roast World and added both to my inventory during the creation process.
However, only 1 of the 2 is showing up in my inventory. When I go in the Roast World bean list (not my inventory), I do see “Ethiopian Sidama Saegera” and it displays a quantity as if it were in my inventory.
Does it not show up because I haven’t roasted any yet? Is this the intended behavior?

On a side note, the other bean added at the same time was the “Ethiopian Guji Peaberry G1” and it shows in my inventory.

Bean in Roast World

The quantity added during the bean creation process shows

The list of beans in my inventory, no Sidama to be found

Best regards,

1 Like

Hey @LGD,

I looked into this and fixed the issue for you. It seems to be caused by your bean not syncing to from our main database to our ElasticSearch database. This is a pretty rare occurrence and I don’t think it would happen again.

Best regards,
Derrick

1 Like

Hi @derrxb , superb thanks for the quick turnaround!

Have a good day!

I too appear to be having this same issue…and for quite some time. Is it possible to look into this for me as well?

Thanks!

Hi. Is anyone else running into the issue of their bean inventory not tracking correctly? I’ll input the correct weight when I get my green coffee, roast it, and the amount roasted and the amount left in my inventory never seem to update correctly. The numbers change, but they don’t ever add up.

Does anyone at Aillio have an suggestions?

Best,

Ender

Having the same issue here. I know there was another thread on this topic not too long ago.

At first I thought it was my workflow (entering roast name, selecting bean name, entering green weight) during pre-heat, but I just tried to enter the information during the roast to no avail.

This issue is pretty annoying I must say. All my In stock quantities are off…I’ll have to weight manually every bag and try to adjust the numbers.

UPDATE : For some reason, my last 2 roasts, have updated the in stock quantity!

My bean inventory is an absolute mess, and I seem to be unable to correct the numbers.

It does take some time for RT roast weight changes to be reflected in RW bean inventory and I do a refresh every time I go to that screen to make sure.

You can make adjustments by checking your RT roasts reflect the correct bean (I had 3 RT entries for Monsoon Malaba and kept selecting the wrong one). Corrected by selecting alternate bean in RT.

Then in RW you can also add or subtract (by entering -x.xx kg) in the bottom portion of the bean screen to get inventory to reflect all usage. I had a roast which didn’t save in RT so had to make a -.75kg entry adjustment in RW bean inventory.

Hi
I added two new beans today and only one is showing up!
The second I tried to add 3x and have a video showing the whole process of it not working.

tx
Mark

1 Like

Hi Mark,

Thanks for reporting this. I can confirm that I can reproduce it. I will get this fixed asap.

However, in the meantime, I think doing a full page reload (CTRL + R on Windows or CMD + R on Macs) should fix this and allow the newly created bean to show up in the roast’s beans select list.

From looking at the video, it seems that the local cache isn’t busted when the new bean is added and that’s why it’s showing incorrectly in the roast’s bean select list.

Best regards,
Derrick

Hi Mark,

This has been fixed. If you refresh your page you should get the version that has the fix attached.

1 Like

Thanks Derrick,
Great. Yes, I can confirm I do see the other roast I had added.
Kind regards,
Mark.

Hey everyone,

My original comment got lost while cleaning up the forum topic. So here’s my original message.

This has been fixed with the new release of RT v3.4.0. Please see Forced RoasTime update, migration to new Bean Inventory system today (3/7) - #37.

If you still experience this issue after upgrading to RT v3.4.0, please open another issue.