πŸŽ‰ Bug: Can't change username (Solved)

First time user here - just trying to get set up. I used oauth to log in to RoastWorld (authenticating with Google), rather than enter my aillio email and password. Now I seem to be unable to change my username. When it asks me for my email, new username, and password - it suggests that I might be a user without a password.

What can I do, if anything?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. I will try to recreate the issue and then provide a fix for it. I’ll write back here ASAP.

Same here.

I was able to create at least a partial workaround. I managed to request a password reset which seems to have allowed me to change my username on roast.world. However, my username here still appears to be old (at least in this post it’s the old value).

Still, for those who want to rely on oauth logins, it’s not possible to change the username from the default.

1 Like

Closing the loop on this - my changed username eventually propagated from roast.world into community.roast.world. So, the workaround is to give your account a password, change your username, and wait a bit. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@cullyhawk - this worked for me! Appreciate you circling back on this. :+1: And both our usernames look much better. :slight_smile:

Hey everyone, if the issue is that your username change in RW does not appear in Community, then the issue can be solved with the following steps:

1. If you’re logged in with Google Auth or Facebook, set an account password.
  2. Change your username on Roast World
  3. If you want to see an immediate change on RW Community, you can log out of RW and then log in back. This step is required because account profile details are propagated to RW Community on your next login.

Thanks @cullyhawk for sharing how you got this fixed! :slight_smile: