πŸŽ‰ Feature Request: Allow users to toggle between Pounds and KGs (Solved)

I hesitate to ask, but would it be possible to have the option to keep track of bean weight in pounds instead of kg? I keep trying to come up with some sort of scheme to go back and forth, but all of the coffee I buy is by the pound, and is likely to stay that way for the foreseeable future here in the US of A. I’m happy using metric for everything else (like 3d printing) but for coffee beans this is driving me crazy. Anybody else having this problem?

Will

1 Like

to be clear, I am not asking for the database to change, that could still be in kilograms (or whatever it is). Just an option to change the software, RoasTime and web interface, to use pounds and ounces.
Thanks!

I noticed this never got answered and is likely a dead thread after so long, but I have the same question and would like to know. Is it an option somewhere or will it be in the future? I can think in metric as I do it all the time with all my 3D printers, but with coffee, it’s largely referenced in pounds / lbs so it would make better sense. Most software either uses pounds / lbs or allows the user to make the choice in kg vs lb

I totally agree pounds should be an option!

1 Like

I was able to set both RT 3.0 and the Bullet V2 to Fahrenheit. It’s in the RT preferences for the software. For the roaster, and in the OFF state (via display readout), press F1once (although you can cycle through 5 pages of settings across the display) and then press the A button to toggle between F or C!

You should be able to set for either kg or lb in your roast.world profile/settings.

Hi, as mentioned above, you can toggle between KG and Pounds on RW and RT. Here’s how to toggle this information on Roast.World.

1. Visit Roast World - Cup, grade, and analyze your coffee roasts in depth

For steps 2 - 4 see the images below:

1. Click the Edit button

2. Select Profile & Preferences
    Group 2

3. Select Temperature preference