RT 2.3.0 beta

@yakster, that’s exactly what I wanted to see and thanks for pointing me to that post! :clap: It was being discussed before I was a Bullet owner and participating here.

I’d previously taken a peek at my IR sensor when a couple of people here reported beans lodging inside the sensor area of the v1.5. Using my Depstech Endoscope, my sensor’s area was free of debris and the sensor surface was clear.

I’ll add that sensor inspection to my maintenance repertoire and now know the recommended cleaning too. Hopefully, they will add that when they do a future update of the Bullet manual. I have my own edited and notated version and will add this process to it in the maintenance section.

I just finished cleaning the IRTS and have discovered a huge admiration for those who have installed that mod in their V1 Bullet. That was not a trivial task. For my part I backed out of getting full access to the sensor when I spent an hour looking for a lost screw and settled for using the alcohol-soaked swab through the opening. There are things best left untouched till someone holds a gun to your head!

We have more spring winds tomorrow and the next day, so it’ll be a couple days before I can roast and see if there was any change in measured IR temp at 1st/2nd crack. Frankly I didn’t see anything on the swab, so if it changes I expect it’ll be minor.

Bruce

Good to know what you observed. Doesn’t appear that the sensor needed cleaning and I’m curious how many roasts you have on your Bullet? Cleaning that sensor may be something that only needs done “once in a blue moon” which would be fine with me. :sunglasses:

As I recall I saw 40 roasts had been recorded. I received the Bullet in the 2nd half of Jan this year.

I recall BlackStripeCoffee mentioning the need to clean the sensor every 20 kg (?) of roasting (they roast a lot of coffee!), so I was watching for some indication of a change. The change was sudden, so I expected something significant… chaff particle? bean fragment? No such luck.

Bruce

Thanks for that info Bruce! :+1:

Got frustrated with windy weather here in SE Arizona, so I roasted 4 batches anyway. I found the IBTS offset at Yellow point & FC persist. My issue was/is apparently not a dirty lens on the IBTS. This result isn’t really a surprise since (unlike BlackStripeCoffe’s experience) the swab seemed to pick up nothing from the surface of the lens.

So I’ll just deal with the offset by dumping the beans earlier 12°F to 15°F (there seems to be a slope to the error, so it’s not just an offset). When I hear about some other explanation/approach on this forum I’ll adjust.

Btw, I believe this started when I updated from f/w 507 to f/w 508 then 512.

Bruce

On the 64 Bit version, the recipe never worked, at the end of the roast I didn’t have manual control over the roaster, I pressed the PRS button and nothing happened, I had to unplugged the roaster and start another roast to allow the fans to work. after the end of the roast alarm, Roast Time stop recording.

This is frankly one reason that I’m avoiding use of the latest alpha or beta releases of anything for the Bullet. I’m as excited as anyone else to use new features, but what I don’t need is to introduce new problems with the roaster while I’m adjusting to this new device.

In many other software related things I have been that “guinea-pig” for Devs many times. But, when it comes to my coffee roasting, I like stable software and predictable results from the device so that I’m the one interjecting the change via tweaking roasts. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Jacob,

I can not find RT 2.3.1 beta download. I am 2.2.0 and the update button does not update even though it tells me there is an update available. Where can I find the update?

Thank you

Alex, they keep all the releases on the site below (ordered by Operating System type).

RoasTime releases

Thank you

Or you can get them directly from the Aillio website

https://downloads.aillio.com/roastime-downloads/windows-beta-release-download

Is anyone else having the beta RT crash on them about 1 out of every 5 roasts in recipe mode? For me it freezes up either in preheat or mid-roast. When it happens, the roasts are manageable manually but all recording and automated controls are lost.

nickamustoe

1h

Is anyone else having the beta RT crash on them about 1 out of every 5 roasts in recipe mode? For me it freezes up either in preheat or mid-roast. When it happens, the roasts are manageable manually but all recording and automated controls are lost.

I don’t use Recipes, but if you’re using RT 2.3.0 beta, you may want to try RT 2.3.1 beta. Fixed my issues with RT 2.3.0 beta, though crashing wasn’t one of them.

Bruce

1 Like

Not sure if this is a 2.3.1 beta problem or something else (cable?) but when I hit the info button during a roast (and a pre-heat) the screen shows mostly “0” but flashes to actual values once every 5 seconds or so. See it here: Info box flash - Have not seen this before upgrading to the 2.3.1 beta software.

Anyone else notice this?

1 Like

Yes - I experience the same thing. Was about to post the same kind of video.

2 Likes

Thanks for that report, I have sent it to Matthew to look at.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Best,

Dan

1 Like

Not sure if you’re using GitHub to track defects but there’s a typo in 2.3.2 Alpha in the Recipe section

Thanks!