Anyone develop RT theme for clarity and consistency and willing to share it?

I was having a tough time telling apart bean vs IBTS graphs so messed around with the color scheme for a few minutes. I am sure others have done a better job than me so am hoping folks can share their efforts. My theme export is attached to the first post in case anyone wants to give it a go.

Download from here: link

4 Likes

That one looks pretty good! I have the same question and was wondering if any others had come up with themes. I am a ā€œdark modeā€ person, myself, and would love to see something that is readable and consistent across the app.

1 Like

I finally made my own theme. Just like flavorā€¦ it is all about preference. I love greens but wanted something that would also make the lines stand out on the graph that I pay attention to more (IBTS). Here are a few screenshots.

Donā€™t judge the roast curves and names haha. Definitely a noob who needs to spend more time roasting and less time on the aesthetics. Let me know what you think!

I will probably end up having a few themes for myself to choose from :slight_smile:

Anyone know what kind of file I need to save as when I export or import a theme?

RT3 does it for you. On my Win11 laptop I launch RT3 then go to Config (the ā€˜gearā€™ icon) ā†’ Themes ā†’ Export. That generates a file which is auto-named <theme.rttheme> which I can save.

That Theme file can be shared; the new user would save the .rttheme file on their hard drive, launch RT3 and go to Config ā†’ Themes ā†’ Import then navigate to the saved location, select the new theme and it will install. And you can transmit it to someone else.

If you want to have multiple Themes youā€™ll have to create a naming convention that makes sense to you to allow multiple versions to exist in the same folder. To modify the file name I just add a ā€œ-(n)ā€ to the name portion (not the type descriptor) when I save the file, e.g. theme.rttheme can be modified to theme-n.rttheme where n = a number (or a letter or ??), in order to allow multiple Themes.

Bruce

1 Like

Any ideas on how to change the colour of the charts similar to the first theme posted above. ie yellow part and red bit, showing the different temperate ranges?

Found it :slight_smile:

Let us know what you come up with. I like a good dark theme too.

I posted in the RT4 beta thread some concepts for designing for clearer and faster recognition of symbols and lines.

It is typically a luminance issue, rather than a hue or saturation one. Alternating light and dark has a bigger impact, but not going to extremes and causing overly contrasty elements that ping the eyes after some time. So, sticking with more moderate variations is easier on the eyes over time.

Well I am late to reply to my own question I posed and others have since answeredā€¦ Sorry! I appreciate the feedback and comments. I find it hard to find time to tweak the theme because I need to be plugged in to see the background for roasting (I think) and when I am plugged in I am always thinking about other things. Not the theme. That said, I have tinkered with it quite a bit at this point. I ALWAYS find one or two areas that look bad, though, no matter my combination of colors and dark/light tones. I wish it were a bit more intuitiveā€¦ or if they would stick to having the primary colors in similar places and secondary in other places. Somethingā€¦ but really I donā€™t want to complain too much. I didnā€™t love the default purple (justā€¦ too much purple lol) and I didnā€™t love the light and dark themes. I wanted something that had a darker tone but still decent contrast (without hurting the eyes).

Alasā€¦this is it! See the theme fileā€¦ it is ironically still purpleā€¦ and I am still not happy with itā€¦ but better than default.
azahar_greenpurple.zip (379 Bytes)

Hereā€™s mine