Artisan software in R1

The only “place” I’ve noticed here in Roast World is the “Feature Suggestions” category. Seems that would be the place (if monitored) to make your “enhancement requests”.

Back to the Aillio Bullet Driver replacement problems and I’m quite familiar with Device Manager. I ran into difficulty in cleanly removing (or replacing) the Aillio Driver (especially the new one). I used every trick that I knew along with the Driver’s Property options to delete a driver. But, the Aillio driver would keep re-emerging in a broken state every time I plugged-in the Bullet’s USB cable.

What finally solved that for me was following a recommendation that Jacob made to another user in a related thread titled " How to do a clean uninstall and install Windows 10?". Jacob commented:

“You try to remove these:
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\aillio-ts
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\RoasTime”

Deleting those two sub-folders in AppData finally killed the zombie Aillio Driver and allowed me to do a fresh installation of the driver from RoasTime. Prior to that, running a fresh installation of RoasTime 2.2.0 was not removing/replacing the previous (broken) driver as it is supposed to do. I knew that RoasTime was skipping the driver replacement because the installation was skipping right over the routines that open in a Command Prompt window to install drivers. Once I followed Jacob’s suggestion, RoasTime returned to doing a normal install routine including driver installation.

Looking at the Artisan source code for the Bullet, I see the following type of information:

AILLIO_VID = 0x0483
AILLIO_PID = 0x5741
AILLIO_PID_REV3 = 0xa27e
AILLIO_CMD_HEATER_INCR = [0x34, 0x01, 0xaa, 0xaa]
AILLIO_CMD_HEATER_DECR = [0x34, 0x02, 0xaa, 0xaa]
AILLIO_CMD_FAN_INCR = [0x31, 0x01, 0xaa, 0xaa]
AILLIO_CMD_FAN_DECR = [0x31, 0x02, 0xaa, 0xaa]

However, I don’t see settings for AILLIO_CMD_DRUM_INCR and AILLIO_CMD_DRUM_DECR.

Does anyone know why those settings are not included and where one might be able to get them from?

You can contact Marko. He’s the main contact for Artisan.

Rui Paulo appears to be the author of the Aillio Bullet R1 drivers for Artisan. But I haven’t come across a way to contact him directly. So, I was hoping someone here had some understanding of components that run the Bullet and thus could point to the relevant component manufacturer’s specs.

Correct that Marko did no work on the Bullet integration. I would open up an issue report on Github…

Never mind. I now see that there is a slider that controls the drum speed. So, I’ve been able to add buttons to raise and lower the drum rotation.

Hi All, I know this thread is old, but could anyone point me in the direction of finding the Legacy USB Drivers, as I would prefer to use artisan.

There are other threads that discuss this on this forum. Alternatively, you can check out this - Artisan 2.0 and Aillio Bullet R1 V2

I’ve done this recently, and I’ve used https://zadig.akeo.ie to put drivers that will make things work with Artisan

Note: This was done on Windows 10, using the latest version of Artisan and a Bullet R1 v2

I can definitely recommend the use of that ZaDig utillty, especially for those that are wanting to use Artisan.

I’ve been on Artisan 2.5 years and still prefer it to the latest version of RT (which I just had to install). if your Bullet fails (as mine just did), the nice folks at Aillio Support will want to see data from RT. That is completely understandable since they don’t use Artisan and RT gives you an easy method to share test data with Aillio.

So, having a way to cleanly switch from the Legacy USB driver (required for Artisan) to the USB Driver that RT requires is essential. That’s where the ZaDig driver utility comes in handy and makes the process easier to accomplish. :nerd_face: