Bug: inventory does not deduct new roast weight [fixed]

Yeah. It really needs serious attention to just get it done. I know it’s been looked at and believed fixed prior, but obviously there’s something more going on here

I roasted two batches of Columbian today. I was logged in to RW at the time and it was running in the background. Again, RW shows that I conducted the roasts but RW failed to deduct the grams of green beans used in the roast from my bean inventory. But, there is another interesting thing I noticed and I am including pictures…at least I hope I am.
Here is a pic of RW. It is clear to see that I am logged in:

This is a screen shot from the My Beans area with my Columbian bean selected and on the screen:

The upper right corner shows the three roasts that I’ve made with this bean. Two from today…one from a few months ago. Notice that the user is shown as “@unknown Owner”. Maybe I’m missing something here, but this seems unusual to me. Should it not indicate that I am the owner and show “@lanaiguycoffee”?

So the problem persists. Sure would like to get this resolved!

Could there, perhaps, be a relational database problem that is causing confusion with the inventory ownership and roast ownership??

I’ll speculate there are several suppliers in the database listed as Burman Coffee Traders. If you created your own version of that supplier I wonder if, when you created the inventory entry, you got the same vendor but a version created by someone else… ?? There’s really no way to be sure who created what, and more importantly it ought not make a difference, but maybe that’s the flaw. Again… just speculating.

Bruce

Hi everyone, sorry for the late reply here. I’ve been really busy recently with my Master’s thesis.

To answer a few of the questions you guys have:

1. You do not need to be logged into roast world and Roastime in order for the inventory feature to “work”.
  2. I don’t think it’s an relational database issue problem (we actually use a nosql database provided by Firebase) since my tests on roast world for inventory updates works okay for me.
  3. I think this might be an issue specifically with RT and when roasts are created (I’m not 100% sure). I asked Matthew to double check if he can recreate the inventory issues. Unfortunately I don’t have a roaster with me and so I cannot create roasts.
  4. @lanaiguycoffee’s “Unknown Owner” issue seems to be a bug and I will get that fixed asap.
  5. @lanaiguycoffee for the roast and weight process, at what point do you assign the bean to the roast? Do you assign the green weight and the bean at the same time? Or do is one added before the other? (Order shouldn’t matter but it might help to recreate this issue)

I reported the same thing either in another post called,” 1st Roast after Seasoning (Brazil Santos)“ with the @unknown User. This accounts for a ton of unviewable roasts and I mentioned the liklikood of relational database issues. It’s definitely happening and it’s a big problem in terms of the result to the community

Hi, I wrote in that thread that I manage to deploy a quick fix for this.

1 Like

derrick, I normally enter my green bean name and amount while the roasts is preheating…between preheat and charge. However, that is not a firmly established habit. I think I’ve probably done it differently from time to time.

I have the same workflow. I enter bean information and weight during preheating. It does not seem to deduct properly.

Thanks for the reply, Derrick.

Just an update…none of my 3 roasts yesterday “deducted correctly” from RW inventory. I’m using the process that lanaiguy and bob outlined a couple of weeks ago.

Just did 3 roasts this past weekend and my inventory on RW deducted properly (except for rounding errors which is to be expected).

This past weekend I roasted with RT v3.1.9 offline (i.e. my laptop wasn’t connected to the internet) because I didn’t want to pick up RT 3.2.3 right away. So in effect I wasn’t “logged in” to RW since I’m offline. Roasting went fine. But for me to edit the roast in RT to identify the bean in my inventory I have to go back online, and then my inventory on RW reflects the amount I roasted. I was fine to let RT update when I went back online after I was done with my 3 roasts (I didn’t want to troubleshoot anything if something was to go wrong).

Hi everyone,

I’m writing here to let you guys know that we tracks down the bug that was causing this issue and will have it fixed soon.

If you guys are available, please let me know if it works on your end. You don’t need to do anything on your next roast but include your green weight information.

I’m having this issue and it’s really causing problems for us. It’s caused quite a bit of confusion about what inventory we currently have to the point that we’ve had to re-weigh every bean we have. A majority of which had incorrect information in RW.

Hey @michael.a.deme5uuh

This has been fixed and will be released along with the next version of RoasTime. We’ve been testing various release candidates (we’re on rc-7 which is probably going to be the last rc) for RT 3.4.0. If you’d like to get early access to this you can join the slack group here for instructions on how to try this out: Slack

1 Like

This has been fixed with the new release of RT v3.4.0. Please see Forced RoasTime update, migration to new Bean Inventory system today (3/7) - #37.

If you still experience this issue after upgrading to RT v3.4.0, please open another issue.

I added 2 new beans through Roast World and added both to my inventory during the creation process.
However, only 1 of the 2 is showing up in my inventory. When I go in the Roast World bean list (not my inventory), I do see “Ethiopian Sidama Saegera” and it displays a quantity as if it were in my inventory.
Does it not show up because I haven’t roasted any yet? Is this the intended behavior?

On a side note, the other bean added at the same time was the “Ethiopian Guji Peaberry G1” and it shows in my inventory.

Bean in Roast World

The quantity added during the bean creation process shows

The list of beans in my inventory, no Sidama to be found

Best regards,

1 Like

Hey @LGD,

I looked into this and fixed the issue for you. It seems to be caused by your bean not syncing to from our main database to our ElasticSearch database. This is a pretty rare occurrence and I don’t think it would happen again.

Best regards,
Derrick

1 Like

Hi @derrxb , superb thanks for the quick turnaround!

Have a good day!

I too appear to be having this same issue…and for quite some time. Is it possible to look into this for me as well?

Thanks!