Bug that erases roasted weights and green weights

Just encountered this the last couple times I have roasted. I go to put in the roasted final weight and it deletes/creates blank bubbles for previous roasts (some that were weeks apart). There is no way to recover the roasted weights so I lose all that information. Same thing happens with the green weight. Hope that makes sense. Anyone seeing this or has it been fixed or is it just me? Using a 2014 MacBook Pro for my roasting computer.

1 Like

I think you are on RT 3 correct?
A lot of bugs have been fixed in RT4. I would give that a try.

The version at the top of my interface for roast time is v4.6.16.

Also…since I have you here. Is there a way to log in roast time when you clean the roaster? I would love to keep that type of info right in with the calendar but there is no way to input that type of data. Sort of like a cleaning reminder that can be set by number of roasts or at least tracked? Thanks a ton.

Jeff

1 Like

In a recent update (1-2 wks ago ish?), the Enter key in the roasted weight field has begun to take me to that roast profile instead of entering the data in that field so it saves.

Clicking with the mouse on the Save button on the Roasted Weight field is the workaround I found to help.

Hey @buddysbestfarm,

Thanks for reporting this! We will get this fixed asap.

Derrick

Is there a chance you guys could add a sync button so one can sync manually also? or is this already implemented?

Roasted weight is disappearing for me too and its really annoying, any fixes?

Hey @jpndemir @merrijb20a3w2 ,

Are you always able to reproduce this issue? How are you inputing the weight? Are you using the ’ Edit previous profile’ popup, the ‘Edit Roast’ popup, or just the bubbles on the roast list view?

If you could share your workflow, it would be useful to help us debug this issue.

Regarding the calendar, there’s currently no way to add a generic event/reminder, but we have this feature planned for development.

@buddysbestfarm Sorry, forgot to update that the issue you reported here was fixed. Pressing enter should no longer navigate you to the roast.

@jeffaillio I use the bubbles on roast list view and save by clicking save.
The roast weight shows correctly for a while then goes back to blank after clicking around to different pages and/or restarting roast time.

This bug/error happens inconsistently and I am not sure what causes it.

this is what I’m seeing now after completing a roast, pretty sure I didn’t do anything to tweak this field for the #5 roast?

Edit: didn’t do it for the my second roast of the session though, but it seems that I’d know it if I accidentally clicked in a field and cleared it.

@jpndemir Thanks for following up, still trying to hunt this one down.

Hey @john_l , I’ve merged your post into this thread to make it easier to collect info.

Did the roasted weight disappear right after you completed a roast? Did you happen to use the ‘Edit previous profile’ button or did you edit the weight directly through the table view?

Hi Jeff, I don’t recall whether I used the edit profile button after the roast and prior my discovering that I had two empty roasted weight fields at the top of my list, instead of the expected single empty field for the just-completed roast.

I did have to adjust the YP milestone for the roast, but I feel like I did that only after I finished both of the roasts in my session, and not immediately after cooling and weighing the first roast.

Did this ever get figured out?