Bullet not connecting to Mac/Roastime 4

Hi,

Got my bullet R1v2 just a week ago but consistently having trouble connecting to roastime on my MacBook. Have updated the software - and managed to connect one time, where I also updated the roaster firmware. Also tried different cables, powering down computer and/or roaster but still says “no connection” + not seeing the bullet in my Finder folder.

Understand others have had trouble connecting in Roastime 4 but do anyone have tips/solutions?

best

Thomas

Hey Thomas, what MacOS version are you using?

Have you tried using a different USB port?

Can you check your System Information and see if there’s an “Aillio LTD - Bullet R1 ROASTER” under USB

I encounter the exact same problem.
It was hard to get the connexion done for my firsts roasts (first one the 24 aug 2024), I had to plug the cable several times.
But today, the 18 sep 2024, I was going to do my 14th roast and it just don’t connect at all.
Is it a recurrent problem? What can I do?
I’m Belgian, sorry for my poor English.

I continue to have this problem on my Mac Pro M2 and the only solution is to repeatedly unplug/plug in the usb cable until its recognized. This was never an issue until several months ago.

Same here. I have had to roast manually the last two months.

Oh wow, for 2 months? I have a super early test version that may fix is your issue if you want to try it.

Let me know.

I have the same problem sometimes. MacBook Air M2. I usually close the Roast time app before plugging bullet into my MacBook. If that doesn’t work, I’ll replug the connection from the bullet once or twice and that has always seemed to work.

It is odd and a bit disappointing to have this issue so prevalent. For me, it seems like more often then not my bullet will not connect on the first try.

I agree. For me this began within the past year and I suspect occurred after one of the updates. I’ve had my M2 for several years and it connected without fail until recently. Would love a fix for this.