Bullet R2 Pro – IBTS connector detached from PCB

Has anyone had this happen before?

Today I found that the connector on the IBTS fan/module has physically detached from the PCB. It’s not just a loose cable — the connector itself appears to have come away from the solder joints.

The roaster is currently out of service, so I’ve contacted Aillio Support urgently.

Has anyone had the same failure? Was the IBTS board/module replaced, or was the connector repairable?

Any advice appreciated, especially from anyone who has dealt with this on an R2 Pro.




1 Like

I had the same issue on an R2 Pro that I received in January. Aillio eventually sent a replacement IBTS.

1 Like

Nice! Did you install it? Because they sent me a new one but I can’t have a good reading on IBTS . Even they sent me a software version 187 and didn’t fix my issue and not even with IBTS manual calibration.

Sweet Marias sent me a V1.2 IBTS that worked well and allowed me to get the roaster up and running. I’m currently using the V1.2 sensor with firware 116. I tried installing the V2 sensor when it finally arrived and it was so noisy that the roaster would not advance past preheat. I tried several combinations of firmware and the V2 sensor without success. When I contacted Aillio Support, they gave me a song and dance about the sensor only working on larger batch sizes; even though their advertising claims that IBTS is superior to the thermocouple probe for small batches. It looks like Aillio is having supplier quality issues.

1 Like

Great to know! because I’m with this issue since end of August and I’m having really bad support from Aillio, like 1 email per week and the nothing. I was not expecting this really. @jonas can you help me with this case?