Bullet will not connect to Laptop

I’ve tried re-installing, force quit, blowing any debris which may be in connectors, emailed support. I was able to get the bullet to connect prior to the update to 3.4, but only after re-installing and doing force quit on the software.
Anyone else have this issue? I am thinking it is a bad connector inside the bullet which would need to be replaced or possibly the chord connecting the bullet to the computer.

I have had a problem with the connection of the USB-2 connector on the rear of the control panel. On occasion it takes a little fussing with the connection but ultimately it has always worked. The issue is the back of the control panel housing keeps the plug from freely reaching the connector mounted on the circuit board inside the control panel. You might try playing with that.

Bruce

If you are on windows please check your device manager when connected by USB and powered On. It should show up at the bottom, otherwise there is a cable / connector / driver problem.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve fiddled with the connection and changed chords. I even changed computers - both Macbook Pros. The new Macbook will actually connect but is intermittent - not allowing me to roast due to constantly disconnecting and reconnecting. which tells me it is a driver compatibility issue. This issue was intermittent until the recent update.

Thanks! I’ve fiddled with the connection and changed chords. I even changed computers - both Macbook Pros. The new Macbook will actually connect but is intermittent - not allowing me to roast due to constantly disconnecting and reconnecting. which tells me it is a driver compatibility issue. The issue was intermittent until the recent update.

Roastime App is a complete waste as it won’t connect to the Bullet. Will be disputing charges on CC since Aillio hasn’t been able to resolve their issue. Any suggestions on a roaster that actually works as advertised?

Gotta say you’ve got an unusual issue and you might regret not putting more effort into resolving it. It sounds frustrating now, but the Bullet is a fantastic roaster and Aillio team is exceptional. Just my two cents worth…

PS: as for the force quit, try closing the window using the red X before you quit the app. That works for me on my Mac.

1 Like

When you force quit, check that all the RT processes have actually gone. If some component was still running rogue I can see that could cause problems

When did you contact Aillio? Who did you talk to and what did they try to do for you?

I contacted support and we can’t find the name KauaiChris in our system. When did you contact them? You can send me a PM or get in touch with them again to try to find a solution. You might have a broken control board if you can’t connect with multiple cables.

Stuart - Thanks! I just had Knee surgery so had pretty much walked away from roasting for a while - Knee doing much better and I bought a new Macbook Air which resolved the issue. My old Macbook Pro from 2015 was just too dang old.

1 Like

Jacob - I had Knee surgery and have been recovering. Thanks for your followup. I originally contacted them back in January. They are very friendly and helpful, but

I ended up purchasing a new Macbook Air as my old Macbook Pro from 2015 just needed to be retired. Anyway, that resolved the issue and I am ready to start roasting - I’ve got 50 lbs to do over the next several weeks.

1 Like

Brad - Thanks for your response. I had knee surgery and was out of commission for a while - good to be back now. I agree - I love the bullet - it is my only roaster as I did some deep research prior to diving in with the purchase. The Aillio Team is Fantastic! No qualms with them at all - They are roasters, not necessarily computer techs, so I understand.

While recovering, I ordered a new Macbook Air which arrived this week. That seems to have solved the issue as it connected right away with the new computer. Glad I was able to order the Macbook Air and get things resolved in my fog after surgery.

ive had the same issue, before and had to use Zadig software to force install drivers. been working perfect since.

I just had this fight yesterday. I had to go and find the 2.5 version of the software, uninstall the recent version, install that, then upgrade back.
Connection works fine now. But that experience would seem to be a Windows or maybe Windows 11 universal one, so I am surprised I don’t see more posts about this.