Continuous A-01 Error

@jacob I have had the a-01 error since I bought it and only during roast. I just increased the fan speed. Now after cleaning the rear area I get the error constantly. Which rpm are you suggesting to look a
t, IR Fan or Blower? I purchased from Sweet Marisas 12/20. During roast now, no blower rpm until I select fan speed 8.

1 Like

Please check the blower RPM for each fan setting.
You should try re-calibrating it.
Please follow this guide: https://aillio.dk/fan-calibration-guide/

We had the same issue after cleaning. We finally figured out that our basket and gasket were not placed correctly.

I stumbled upon this thread after having the same error come up. I was able to increase my fan speed to F7 and it went away, but below that I would receive the error. I had just done a cleaning, and had not set the fan impeller tight against the back of its housing. It would press against the gasket and couldn’t overcome the friction until higher fan speeds. I re-seated the impeller (on the fly - fortunately it wasn’t hot yet) and the error went away.

If you’ve recently been fiddling with the fan or chaff bin, this may be your issue.

Same here - did the Ultrasonic clean on the fan cage and when I put it back in I didn’t push it back to the wall before tightening - same symptom and quickly got to answer by pulling the chaff collector off while running and the error stopped and fan started turning. Was able to run speed up and down on the fan. Moral of the story for me - Pay attention when cleaning stuff.

Yes that impeller/squirrel cage fan putting it back after cleaning one does need to be careful. My trick is to use a typical BBQ round bamboo skewer as a spacer in the back, once the fan hits the skewer I tighten the screw. It works well.

1 Like

This may not be exactly connected to the thread, but have been having the A-01 error pop up from time to time during pre-heat ever since I upgraded to Firmware 606. Did not have this issue earlier not that it disrupts the roast in any way.

1 Like

Just started having this A-01 issue after a fan calibration.

Prior, did a firmware update, and go some odd results, tasted like the fan wasn’t working right, idk, so I redid the calibration of the fan, and then the A-01 issue started.

At first it was likely because of the spacing being to close to the rubber, and as things heated up, it began to contact the fan.

So I cooled down the roaster and adjusted the fan spacing, but had the A-01 error again, but no fan contact with anything. So, idk.

Post fan calibration F4 was Blower fan RPM 1395

1 Like

Going to toss in a couple guesses:

1. It is possible that when re-attaching the squirrel fan, blower, I did not mate the flat side of the rotator to the locking screw.

2. There was a screw missing from the rear mechanics cover. I only have had 2 bolts there, for as long as I know. Because I only took the cover off recently. But when I put the cover back on, I left the screw off near the blower exit, up top, and that would allow hot air to fill the mechanics cover, causing an increase in internal temperature in that compartment.

But I reattached the fan, blocked the hole, and ran another calibration, and the error did not come back on. My assumption was that the fan was attached the wrong way, as I don’t recall specifically locking to the flat side of the rotator.

1 Like

Same thing just happened to me - I did a calibration, fan was fine, threw in 750g batch and started getting A-01 error over and over, and fan wasn’t on. Cooled fan down and played around with putting chaff collector on and off and then playing with the fan speed settings, and it randomly started working again. Ran threw all the settings and so far so good, will attempt another batch.

1 Like

Yesterday, I had the same erroer message, after I conducted a deep cleaning and cleaning the IBTS fan. The message appered after I started roasting, I tried to calibrate the fan when the roaster was running but it was not successful. So I needed to cool down the machine completely and then calibrated the fan. It worked well after that.