Continuous A-01 Error

At Aillio support’s suggestion I updated to Firmware 562 beta. Ever since I’m getting an A-01 error throughout the entire roast and cool down cycle. I have recalibrated my fan, the impeller and chaff filter are spotless and I don’t have an external fan running.
Any suggestions on how to fix this? Is it possible to revert back to an earlier firmware version?

The newer f/w will generate the A-01 warning if exhaust fan is stopped or if fan speed is less than 400 rpm. Perhaps re-running fan calibration would help… ??

Other than that it sounds like it’s time to contact Aillio Support.

Bruce

Note: from the on-line manual:

Fan Calibration

It is possible to re-calibrate the fans so each fan setting is more linear. If you change your fan motor then you will need to calibrate your fan again.

Follow these steps:

1. Take off your chaff collector (note: NOT just the chaff filter)
2. Turn on the Bullet and go to the menu section 6 by clicking F1 until the clock LED shows 6.
3. Press the “A” button (top left button) If no calibration has been done before this should start the process.
Or
4. Start the calibration process by clicking both fan Up and Down buttons at the same time.
Now the calibrations starts and this can take about 5 minutes to complete. When it is finished the Bullet will beep for two seconds and flash P8D.
5. You can toggle between un-calibrated or calibrated fan speeds by clicking the “A” button in menu
6. 3 dashes - - - is un-calibrated and P-d means calibrate

Thanks for the reply Bruce. Finally heard back from Aillio. They said it’s a very unusual problem that they haven’t seen before and had to consult with the engineers. They want me to replace the Power PCB. Looks like I won’t be roasting for a while since Sweet Marias is closed until 12/28. Bummer !

Uh-oh. Unfortunate timing! Bet you’ve been planning holiday coffee-gifts too.

If your Bullet is a V1/V1.5, that power board change should get you at least close to V2. When I received my power board in the middle of this year it had to be shipped from Taiwan as the new 120 VAC board version is (was?) in limited supply. So even if SM was open it might still be an issue of supply.

Bruce

I’ve got a v2 so no “free” upgrade. I just noticed there is another US dealer and they’re in Atlanta where I live but they only work on machines they sold.

Mmm… should have made this clearer: my power board wasn’t a “free upgrade”. I bought the new V2 power board but Aillio provided the control board as part of a repair.

Bruce