Control Settings

@derrxb HI Derrick, I’ve got another innovation for you: Can you pls add the time stamp to the “Control Settings” bar in the RT profile curve. I’d like to see where the control setting change relates to the roast profile point.

1 Like

Hey @scottwaugh,

Do you mean on the settings itself (the P/D/F i.e. P8: 05:10) or on the graph?

1 Like

Hi @derrxb yes that’s it - either add time stamp on the P/D/F Or add P/D/F value directly to the graph. Be good to join the settings to the curve.

1 Like

I fully agree, I‘m using Artisan with my current roaster and like to have those information on the graph. Helps to analyse the profile in case of ROR drop e.g.

1 Like

Thanks @cbr-coffeempxh. And welcome to the forum. It’s a really good place for info and loads of great people happy to lend their experience. Enjoy!

You probably already noticed this, but just in case: new in RT3 there are superscripts above Power, Fan, and Drum in the legend below & right of the chart. They change as you slide your mouse across the chart, indicating the current settings at that mouse position. The corresponding time is indicated in the box top right. This allows you to precisely determine the time each setting change occurred.

4 Likes

Interactive information are nice, but it would be more valuable for me to have all the information visible in a chart permanently. Example: I do first roast with constant power around FC and ROR crashes. On a second one I raise power before FC to prevent ROR crash. To compare profiles, constantly visible information are very helpful.

1 Like

Yep everyone has their own preferred workflow. Just making sure you noticed the little superscripts since they do address the issue you mention.

1 Like

@bradm thanks for that pointer. Very useful indeed! and i think that solves this question after all. It’s said the devil is in the detail :slight_smile: