Difference in Bullet version affecting recipes

Hey all,

Looked around for a bit and couldn’t find this answer so apologies if it’s been discussed.

As someone roasting on a 220v machine I’ve noticed that when using a recipe from someone using the 110v machine the difference in power seems to have an effect on roast times. It’s noted in this article as well: US Roasting Champion Andrew Coe’s Light Roast Recipe -

My question is, when researching recipes how can we know what version of the bullet that particular user is using? It would be nice to know that I might have to expect some serious deviations in the recipe if we’re using two different setups. (I have noticed that when using the above Yirg recipe on my machine it runs over a minute faster!).

Any held would be appreciated!

2 Likes

Even within the voltage versions, there can be deviation. Some boards pull more watts, and some steps are different sizes and some fade over the coarse of use of the roast. or however you want to say it.

It would be good to have more steps available in the base model Bullet. just so that people using different machines can more closely emulate other community member’s profiles.

It’s not possible at this time unless you luckily share a Bullet with a similar set of circumstances.

While I don’t know how to identify the bullet voltage, generally the location of the member is a good indication. Also. Reach out to people you are copying recipes from. You’ll probably learn more that way anyway, and maybe make a new friendship? I know that doesn’t help with your question at hand, but is hopefully a good work around for now.