Disable info popups?

Is there already a way to disable info popups in RoasTime?

If so, where do I find that setting?

If not, can there be? They get in the way of my workflow when doing back to back roasts.

1 Like

Hey @retsofekaj6pa9,

What pop-ups are you referring to in RoasTime? Sharing some screenshots would help in answering this question better.

Derrick

I’ll snag some screenshots next time I roast.

I’m talking about the ones in the upper right, off white panel that says things like

“Roast in progress, click here to view roast”

“Click here to view previous roast”

They cover the force sync and Go to Roast buttons.

Top right of this screenshot. The messages change in different context, and none are helpful anymore. They also block UI buttons until I close them, but they reappear if I navigate away and back to viewing my last roasts.

Edit: removed email from pic

Hey @retsofekaj6pa9,

Unfortunately, I think you might be using RT v2 or RT v3. We don’t have plans to add additional changes to those versions as we made significant architectural changes in the latest version RT 4.

Would you be interested in trying RoasTime v4? https://roastime4.aillio.com/

Derrick

I sure would, thank you for the link!

I believe we still have pop ups. Just now realizing that maybe that allow for disabling them now. Hadn’t thought to check until reading this. Yeah, I hate those, they always block something I want to click, or cover info I find useful.

I still had the popup issues until very recently, when I was able to get RT4 to work.

They aren’t as bad in RT4. A lot of things look different, and I’m still learning to navigate it, but it seems less annoying so far!

Give it a try if your device allows for it!

1 Like

Agreed, it is less annoying than it was in RT3 or RT4 beta, but they still suck. Like I really need a pop up hen I choose an overlay?

I’ll look for an off switch tomorrow, and try out some other things. But it is improved. And from what I gather, it is more annoying on the Mac than Windows, because the Mac has an auto drop down top bar that gets activated sometimes when I try to X out the RT4 pop up, and then it is a click onto something else or waiting etc. I might need to adjust the Mac OS settings and see if that improves the experience too.

But I feel the whole thing is so fiddly, so much to keep track of…

• ok avoid the pop up or wait till they clear to access things like a coward cursor
  • make sure the external vent is back on, because I had to turn it off or low to avoid emptying the room of heat in the winter
  • make sure the usb fan underneath roast is still running and pointed in the right direction, and isn’t altering this or that
  • ok, have to move the bean tray back in place
  • swap out the chaff screen
  • oh man, if the IBTS dirty?
  • oh shoot, check the plug on the chaff box!
  • crap, I bumped the bean chute plug!
  • woah, I didn’t make sure the drum was in place when did that drift? Now a green bean is stuck in between the door and cool air is getting in
  • oh no, I pushed the cooling try too far underneath the roaster and that hot air is melt plastic (stink)
  • wait, the USB disconnected
  • man that screw came lol and now there is an air leak?

……and then the Pop ups……

I roasted 3lbs and one was a failed batch… shoot, it is 5pm?

So, it is more just the straw that breaks the camels back, while you’re trying to do some fairly complex intuitive math to get things right, meanwhile the air temps have changed, and convective energy is not doing the same thing at the same IBTS and by readings as before….

Yeah, anything to get rid of distractions would be nice. I really hate having a pop up for overlay, since I use that feature so often.

Mac has an auto drop down top bar that gets activated sometimes when I try to X out the RT4 pop up, and then it is a click onto something else or waiting etc. I might need to adjust the Mac OS settings and see if that improves the experience too.

Yeah, it’s infuriating! My roasting laptop is the only Mac I use, and I’m really not into it. That top drop down bar makes the popup experience even worse! I moved the app bar or whatever they call it to the side, because it would pop up and block my development mark buttons in RT3. Why let apps go full screen if they’re not allowed to use the full screen?

1 Like

Totally agreed! I tend to like to leave things at default as much as possible, so when I switch between machines, I’m not struggling for muscle memory, so I don’t mess with my OS settings much, but RoasTime is just infuriatingly fiddly, and roasting is a task where simplicity is king. I don’t understand why RoasTime won’t allow .5 adjustments, in the name of keeping it simple, but then have a rather convoluted interface with pops and submenus and what not. But I’ll look into changing my Apple OS