Erratic Bean Temp

Recently I’ve been observing erratic bean temp readings towards the end of several roasts. Is this a known issue and should I be concerned? I created a ticket with Aillio weeks ago but never received a response.

It usually means the bean probe is at the end of its journey. There are a couple of other things to consider before spelling doom. Does this behaviour manifest itself during preheat? That would be a sure-fire indicator that you need to replace your bean probe. A couple of other things to check all regard airflow. A gust of air could do this. Maybe something isn’t closed well enough. I know that when I open the bottom rubber plug on the chaff collector to empty it during preheat, the bean probe will signal that with spikes, especially if you go near it with a vacuum. Or maybe I see a stranded piece of chaff during preheat and open the door to let it out, which would also cause spikes on the bean probe. Even if you try blowing with your mouth during operation, this will happen. You could also try cleaning your bean probe, but don’t get your hopes up. Try everything, just to be sure, and then replace it if nothing worked.

1 Like

Hi @mskreis,

Could you create another ticket? I’ve tried searching your email but couldn’t find it in our ticket system. You can also try writing to [email protected] directly; it should automatically create a ticket for you.

@braca19452f9m has already done a great explanation on your issue; we think the next thing to do is to confirm if the Bean Probe is actually broken and to arrange a replacement.

Best regards,
Kevin

Thanks for the detailed information. I’ve only seen this erratic behavior during a roast and at times when there should be no extraneous air flow.

Kevin,

I submitted 2 tickets through RoasTime2, tickets 25018 and 25019. I’ll try again via email.

1 Like