Error: Backend/unavailable

Dear comunity.

In the past two days i couldn’t do any roast for an error that recently start to deploy in my laptop.
I reset my antivirus and ther problem persists.
i’ll apreciate any coments and help

this is the message: Error: backend/unavailable / failed to roasTime backend retrying 5 times.

According to this post you may try deleting the app data to clear the error.

Yeah, I believe we recently found a bug causing this where our WAL (write ahead logs) were erroneously saving in a format that caused an issue with reading. What versions are you running? I believe it is fixed in the latest and we will have a new main coming soon.

I would try what @drink_your_coffee mentioned. This directory depends on your OS.

%APPDATA%/RoasTime on Windows.
~/. config/RoasTime on Linux.
~/Library/Application Support/RoasTime on macOS.

Also having the same issue over here. Using version 4.6.16
I have tried deleting the appdata and reinstalling with no success. Any help would be appreciated.

Can you also try deleting roastime in APP DATA? Sounds like you are windows? I would be happy to screenshare and figure out your issue.

I was able to get it working by deleting two folders then reinstalling. The roast-time and RoasTime folders in Appdata → Roaming.

Thanks for the response!

I am having the same issue running 4.6.16 and tried deleting the folders as mentioned but with no luck and still can’t sync. Any other solutions?

Any chance you could screen share with me. I’m really at a loss as to where to go from here.

Sure, I can do it this morning if you are available? Are you on the slack? If not, can you join? Slack

Message me @matthew once you are on there.

Let me get slack installed and then take it from there. Working on it now.

I’ve logged onto Slack & massaged. I think I’ve got it right…

Anyone following up here. I had a call with @seansun01.5dxV and it is the AppData/Roaming/roast-time folder that causes the issue. This should be fixed in current versions of the applicaiton.

Thank you again for taking the time to help me out with this. The customer service with this machine has been absolutely awesome.