False Charge (?!)

About 5 times I’ve been preheating my bullet to 250 or up to 275 C and I just letting it run a little while in the PH. Trying to get 20 mins of heat built up, when all of a sudden, without touching the machine, my computer, or anything around it, I hear it says ‘Roasting has Started’… and it goes into the roasting mode. What the heck?!

I had a problem with my bean probe that seemed to be causing this, but I also had a lot of noise on the bean probe RoR graph that first indicated the bean probe problem. A replacement probe fixed this issue for me.

I’ve seen others have the problem due to too strong of an exhaust fan, air blowing back into the exhaust when not using a fan, opening the tryer or door, and sometimes when removing the bean chute plug.

If it just happened once I wouldn’t be too concerned about it. If it is consistently happening you can start checking the other things that could be causing this.

1 Like

If you’re using Overlay mode, try keeping it off during preheat and activating it just before adding beans. Thanks to @andrewcoecoffee, that tip fixed this problem for me. Hope it’s as simple for you too.

2 Likes