Fan calibration error?

Is the fan calibration supposed to end with a single beep and a quick flash of ERR or ERC? I’ve been trying to let it run the calibration a few times and it seems to run fine to F9, Fa, but then around Fb it just beeps once loudly and flashes either ERR or ERC before stopping and showing me the main menu and OFF. I can’t tell if there was an error or if it normally does that. Going back to the menu for calibration (option 6) I see PPd and bL 16. Clicking the A button then shows me P-D or ----- which should be correct.

2 sec beep iirc. No ErC label that I recall.

Bruce

you can do a test in roast mode with power off. Go through each fan setting and check the RPM. Should be around 600-700 RPM at F1, increasing ~200RPM per step.

2 Likes

I have the same error message in my new unit. only a single beep and err before stopping.
wonder if its just on a new batch of fans or something

Can you post your RPM for each fan setting?

Just to chime in with my experience. As jacob explained above, it should be all good if your calibrated speeds match the numbers. When I’ve done my calibration, it ended the same way as for all of you here. My guess is that, and I could be way wrong, with all the firmware updates, something changed. I can only go up to 10 on my fan setting in RT, haven’t tried pressing the button on the machine directly, but I suspect it should be the same. In any case, I do not see a scenario where you need to use a higher setting, unless you have a fire, but in that case, you better grab your extinguisher. Once the fan is calibrated up to Fa, which should be 10 in RT, the machine probably doesn’t “feel” the need to carry on. I’ve checked my calibrated settings and they were all matching the calibration numbers. In conclusion, the fan should be calibrated even with one beep and a quick flash on screen.

I would agree with the firmware point. I will say this to the OEM. Saying “bug fixes” and not listing them all as well as not identifying menu and feedback changes in software drives me nuts. On a new unit I just received, the manual is not accurate. documenting updates to the product, especially if they are perm menu changes is part of the overall process of “change”. Hope they catch up quickly and don’t leave the explanations up to a user community…