Firmware failed and manual boot failed

Same experience here - tried to update FW to latest beta 579 using RT3.17, update hung at 1% and apparently corrupted FW. Bullet would not boot after that - 6 beeps and blank screens (are the beep codes documented anywhere?). Tried a few times, finally moved on to manual boot loader where FW update also hung at 1% (RT 3 reported roaster was not connected, as noted earlier) Tried a few times, moved on and reverted to RT 2.5.5, which reports roaster connected, FW update worked, so all working again.

So Iā€™d agree that at least 1 older rev should be available for cases like this, and it is, on downloads.aillio.com - a bit confusing since that page says nothing about RT3 which is the current release?? But really more ideal to fix RT3 so the manual boot loader procedure works! Even more ideal if the manual procedure could be activated without taking apart the control panel and shorting pads with a paper clip. :slight_smile:

1 Like

First time starting the machine and this is my problem as well. I will try to download the older version for my brand new machine???

1 Like

Yes , there should be no difference in using the old software (2.55) with a newer machine as all you are doing is using this older software to pushing the latest firmware to the roasters.

One your roaster is working correctly with the latest firmware you can them switch to the RT3 software

Sam

We havenā€™t been able to replicate this yet, but we are working to get it fixed. If anyone with troubles updating firmware wants to help out, I can send a version with some logs that will help us debug your this issue.

Thanks!

1 Like

Glad this thread is hereā€¦ ok so basically Iā€™ve done everything in this thread and still nothingā€¦ Iā€™ve contacted aillio and they said to do everything Iā€™ve already doneā€¦ using a MacBook Pro, latest ox and more than enough room. Any suggestions?

I am on windows so I canā€™t say if the method is the same on Apple.

Has anyone had this problem where the reinstall and boot loader didnā€™t work? And if so what was the recourse ?

Can you try 3.1.9? I believe firmware updating should be fixed in this version.

What about if this happens on a mac computer? How do you install drivers while bullet is still in bootloader mode?

NEVER MIND found the latest FOR MAC here, of courseā€¦

https://roastime.aillio.com/

dead link :frowning:

That link was for RT3. RT4 is now the preferred version of RoasTime which you can find hereā€¦

Bruce