Firmware Update from 605 to 610 Beta Changed IBTS

Hi all. I’m new to RoastWorld and new to the Bullet (30 days). This is my first post. I would like to get some feedback on the title issue.
I updated from firmware 605 to 610 Beta a couple of days ago. This changed a few things.

1. The IBTS fan now runs continuously at pretty high speed. I expect it was running under 605, but not nearly so fast. Normal?
  2. The PH cycle now shows a larger gap between IBTS and BT readings. After 25 minutes, the IBTS reads the PH set temperature (437F), but the BT temperature has settled at 295F. The gap between the two probes is now 142F when it used to be 110F under 605.
  3. With the same bean, ambient temp, and roast profile, 1C is now starting at 390F instead of 399F IBTS and 348F instead of 362F BT.
    So, I don’t know what this means with regard to my drop temperature. Under 605, dropping at 420F with this bean and profile gave me a slightly acidic result. Under 610, I dropped at 425F and got what I wanted, but I don’t know if the drop temperature was 5 degrees or 14 degrees above my 605 roast.
    I thought the IBTS sensor was supposed to be a pretty ‘absolute’ temperature. Is it also a relative temperature?
    I suppose the increased PH difference could be due to increased Fan speed because of higher air circulation around the BT probe. But I don’t get the change in IBTS readings.
    What am I missing? Thanks.

It did not seem to change anything for me when I upgraded the fw, but it did improve resistance to “error 32” a little

Thanks for the input. Since yours didn’t change, I figured it was possibly something else causing the change. So, I cleaned the sensor and that did the trick. That’s a relief. Looks like that thing is really sensitive to contamination.

Yes, it is essentially a camera, so if you put a camera lens in all that chaff and oil, it will quickly get dirty enough to make the image less and less clear…. Now, imagine a heat sensing camera that is trying to gauge temperature based on what it sees, and it is looking into a mess.

It’s a nice additional way to measure some things, but yeah, like you said.