Following Roast Fellows

Direct messaging has been available for awhile. Click the User name and click the Message icon (envelope) in the pop-up. Or you can click your own User name and then type that of the recipient (e.g. @bab for a message to me).

But that doesn’t cover Followers/Following. I chased thru what seemed related (Users, Community, etc.) and came up empty. I’ve seen the notation for years (literally!) without giving it much thought till you asked. So I guess I’d like to know as well. @derrxb is probably out till after mid-month but I think he’s the one we need.

Bruce

1 Like

I have also looked to see how to follow someone as I have had a hard time searching for them all the time. I am hoping that this feature will be re-enabled in the very near future!

I checked with @derrxb and learned the Follow feature will be addressed, just not immediately. I understand inventory management is his first priority.

Bruce

2 Likes

Hey @derrxb you think it’d be possible for the team to share with us what the roadmap looks like? :eyes:

Why does the user page shows “x people following” but there is no way to do it? So frustrating, wtf???

Hi @paak,

As mentioned in the previous comments in this thread, this feature is currently in our backlog. However, we are filled with other tasks that we are currently working on.

Best regards,
Derrick

Yes I am aware it has been in the backlog for a long time. The problem is you enabled the feature on the user end, it seems like it’s possible to follow people, as it says “xxx people following” when you visit a users page. So of course users will assume the feature is working. But then spend time trying to figure out how to get it to work, only to become frustrated because it doesn’t.

You HAVE TO DISABLE the feature on the user end. Do not make it seem like a feature is working, when it’s not. Feels like we are back in 1995 from a user friendliness standpoint or something.

What other functions do we assume are working, when they are really not?

Hey @paak,

Thanks for your feedback. I will disable this feature until we add the “follow” option. I have no exact date on when this will be though as we’re pretty caught up with a number of existing tasks. We’re a very small team so thanks for understanding.

Best regards,
Derrick

1 Like