Forced RoasTime update, migration to new Bean Inventory system today (3/7)

Sorry, I posted this message in another thread.

Hi @derrxb
I did the system update today and initially RT had no beans loaded at all. Did the synch with RW after update and most came back but some missing. Also missing was some prev roasts finish weight in RT and balance of bean weight available in RW. And some beans (despite being visible in inventory) are not showing in search filter. After I finished roasting, I shutdown Bullet, disconnected power and USB cables and on RT it was still showing “Bullet in Startup” as status message?

1 Like

Hey @Snidely_Whiplash,

The resync should fix the beans issue. This is a one-time thing.

In regards to the bean weight (and in stock value), we have decided to migrate the old inventory data to the new inventory system. This will happen asap and so your old values should show the same as before (NOTE: The migration will only happen to beans that you have not changed their green weight for. We will not override your recent changes.)

Sorry, I’m not sure about the USB stuff. @mcaillio can help with this.

Best regards,
Derrick

Hi, @everyone

I’d like to re-iterate a recent notification posted on Roast World/RoasTime over here.

Firstly, I wanted to write to let you all know that after getting some feedback from you all, we decided to migrate your bean’s green weights from the old inventory over to the new inventory system. Note: If you had gone ahead and updated your inventory for specific beans after the new inventory was released + you upgraded to RT v3.4.0, the old weights were not migrated for these beans. Your update-to-date data is still present and was not overwritten.

The data that was migrated over from the old inventory is visible in your bean’s history as shown in this screenshot:

Secondly, you may need to force a re-sync of your beans after you upgrade to RoasTime v3.0.0. This can be accomplished by either (1) clicking the “Re-sync” button from the All The Beans screen in RT or (2) re-logging into RoasTime.

You can see an image of the re-sync inventory screen here:

Best regards,
Derrick

3 Likes

Thanks Derrick
Sync Beans done and weight balances largely migrated. A few discrepancies but I think there may have been a bean or 2 as duplicated entries so I am just fixing them manually.
I still have the issue in RT with search filter not picking up beans and all relevant roasts. eg if I type “HON” in the filter search box my Honduras roasts are not showing. When I type “Mon” some Monsoon Malabar roasts show but not all roasts that have used that bean.

@derrxb did a sync on my roast laptop and it shows only about 250+ roasts of the 571 being shown on my backup laptop. Did a logout and login as well, but did not work.

I remember a post about copying json files from the local disk. Couldn’t find it. Would be great if the same could be posted again.

Hey @cash0612,

Here’s a link to that comment: IBTS Sensor (Taking off mid roast) - #9 by derrxb

1 Like

@derrxb - Thank You!!! Found the folder and the files…

Update for RoasTime not quitting. It appears to be a rather common problem.

What I discovered is that when attempting to quit the program was thatI noticed a small window appearing in the center of the screen. After a second or so the small window disappears. After several attempts to read the text in the rapidly disappearing window I found that it says "Are you sure you want to quit. Then below are No and Yes boxes to click. Apparently No is the default when it disappears. I was able to place my cursor near where the yes box would appear, use command Q to quit and then very quickly click the yes box before it disappeared. Now the program quits.

Could someone please fix the disappearing window - or- make yes the default. THANK YOU!!!

Hi Geoffrey - On my MacBook Air fully quitting is now a two-step process. First close the RoasTime window with the red X at top left, and acknowledge in the pop-up dialog. Then in the top bar RoasTime > Quit RoasTime. Strange, but not a big deal. Hope this works for you too. - Brad

1 Like

Hi Brad

I tried it. The box appears after clicking the red X. I then click on the yes button and the window disappears. BUT- The program is still on as seen by the black dot under it’s icon on my menu bar at the bottom of the screen. I still see the program is available to force quit. Are you sure your RoasTime program is shut down?

Thanks!

Edit- I just tried it again the way I described above using command Q and finding and clicking the yes box before it disappears. That apparently does close the program on my MacBook Air. Weird.

Yes I also get the black dot under the RoasTime icon after closing the window and acknowledging in the pop-up dialog. At that point RoastTime is still visible in the top bar, and I can click it to open the drop-down menu and Quit (or use command-Q). This second part might not be obvious if you have other apps running and one of them becomes active.

The whole issue seems to be that we expect selecting Quit in the RoasTime menu to both close the window (command-W) and close the app (command-Q). Today these actions need to be performed separately.

1 Like

That worked. Thanks Brad.

Just FYI that I am working on this for next release. This seems to be an issue with the background log sync stalling. @geoffreychilds @bradm

2 Likes

you should pin this one or make the announcement more clear. I tried to resync from the roasts page but couldn’t get it to update. This took a bit of digging to find

Thanks for the feedback @fwbennies. This was pinned globally but it seems like the pinned duration expired. Will pin again.

1 Like

@derrxb Hey Derrick, I am still unable to filter My Roasts by Bean Name in RT. I think it may only be recognising new beans added since migration?? Would that be right?
Is there an easy fix or do i need to manually adjust each Bean balance?

Also, in RW, when I select a Bean, it used to show me only my roasts using that bean and I could select other users to show all user roasts using that bean. Now it defaults to All Users, am I able to return settings to just My Roasts initially?

I am on RT 3.4.1 and have logged out and back in and done re-sync with RW beans.

Thanks

Hey @snidely_whiplash, sorry for the delayed response. I was off last week. I’m currently looking into this. It seems like some other users might be experiencing something similar. You can follow None of my bean inventory is available in RoasTime - #4 by coffee_mook to see updates on this.

1 Like

Thanks @derrxb , following