FW update 591 to Stable 605 issues

niiice :slight_smile:
aprox when does rt4 come

Damnā€¦I just am seeing this thread. Having the same issue on a v1 machine. How can I fix this? Appears I need to install an old version of Roastime? If so, where do I get this? My unit is currently bricked.

-Mark

1 Like

I jumped to RT 4.1.2 to see if I could restart communications with no luck. I am currently bricked too.

Just noticed the rev level. Is that a typo? or is it really 4.1.2? Iā€™m at 4.0.22 with FE/BE/Comm all up to date.

Bruce

1 Like

i am on 4,1,2

No typo! The recent thread shows 4.1.2 is the current beta version! Do you by chance have a link to a 2.x.x download? Actually, I found it :slight_smile:

1 Like

4.0.22 or 4.1.2 is basically the same. The software is made up of components, each version of the component you can see if you go to settings ā†’ software.
So we release new components almost daily, but the main app will stay the same. There is no need to download 4.1.2 if you are on 4.0.22.

We tested it today and it works for us. If the Bullet starts up with 3 or 4 beeps, then you should be able to connect it to RT and update the firmware.
If there is no sound when starting up and all the fans spin then you might need to put it into bootloader manually.

Iā€™m ok with this during beta, but once this stabilizes I really feel we shouldnā€™t be forced to take an update. I prefer not to be forced to update when Iā€™m roasting (even though it now says it will update when I restart RT I donā€™t want it to because sometimes I do restart RT on roast day). Even with MSFT Win 10 I donā€™t let it auto-install the update until Iā€™m ready for it to apply it at the time of my choosing. Please give this some consideration.

4 Likes

I can confirm 4.1.2 allowed me to upgrade from 591 to 605 this morning. Iā€™m on roasting v1.5 and previously no other method worked for the firmware upgrade.

3 Likes

Good to know, how does 605 affect the roasting process and quality to V1.5?

2 Likes

Just wanted to +1 this comment as that fixed my problem this morning as well!

1 Like

I havenā€™t roasted with it yet but will let you know if I can tell any difference.

My bullet (v1.5) get the same issue, here are my test results :frowning:
Situaction:
Actually before I success to update to FW 606 by RT3.4.1 (mac ver.)
But today when bullet power on, it only three beeps and no displayā€¦

Try to fix:

• 3.4.1 RT, FW update will failed

• The progress ran to 99% then showed USB disconnect.
    • After that Bullet beep three times again
  • 4.1.2 RT, FW update shows success, but fail.
    Bullet beep three times again, the same with 3.4.1

• The tool that @jacob provided (mac version)

• Shows success, but Bullet beep three times after finish.
  • 2.5.5 RT, Cannot downgrade FW, due to it cannot find the FWā€¦ (retired)

May I know is there any possibility to fix it in the new version of RT?
And looks some people recover the issue by downgrade to 591 (through 2.5.5?)
Is that possible to provide the solution to us?

Thanks!

The best possible way would be to use RT 4.1.2, and make sure that it has time to update itself. This means leaving it running until you see the update is available pop-up.
If this cannot update the FW, then please submit a ticket to support.

Upgraded to RT 4.1.2, then first attempt for FW upgrade was failed. Restarted computer and Bullet(V1.5), then the 2nd FW upgrade was successful to 606. Roasted 5 back to back batches with no issue.

1 Like

Got it! Iā€™ll try to do it!!
Thanks @jacob promptly reply!
And also thanks @willchu77 to share your experience!! :pray:

Hello Jacob
I have an old R1 (S/N 4xx) running with FW 4xx. Sorry for the uncertain numbers since I donā€™t have it beside me right now. With FW 4xx, FAN calibration is not available by pressing F1 six times. I want to calibrate the FAN but I was suggested not to update FW to 605. Is there anyway or FW version for me to calibrate the FAN? Like downgrade to RT 2 to update FW 591?
Basic Info:
220V with IBTS, macOS, RT4
Thanks!

I am not sure what you are askingā€¦
Your bullet should be able to run 605 firmware, but you might need to install app dependencies while you are in bootloader mode.
Use RoasTime 4. Go to update firmware and start update. The Bullet should beeps 3 or 4 times. If it does not continue, then restart RT, go to edit settings and click the software tap, then click Force install dependencies. This will install drivers while in bootloader mode.

After this, go to update firmware again, and hopefully now it should continue. Do not at any point disconnect or turn off the bullet.

1 Like

Many thanks for the instruction. Iā€™ll try it later.