FW update 591 to Stable 605 issues

For me update to 605 worked flawless.
My bullet is V2, 220V version.
Using Roastime 3.4.1 on Win11.

I was upgrading firmware from 591 to 605 on OSX in 3.4.1 - at the end of the firmware upgrade an error message popped up saying that it had lost connectivity to the roaster. However, the roaster seemed to go through itā€™s regular boot-up cycle and announced that it ā€˜was readyā€™.

RoastWorld, however, could not detect that it was connected to the roaster anymore.

I restarted RoastWorld and it complained that there was an error detecting the firmware. Then the error went away and it said it detected it was on version 605.

However, it still reports errors every time I start up the roaster.

I found this thread and downloaded the osx firmware updater from @jacob . I ran it and this is what I saw:

/Users/canderson/Downloads/firmware-updater-darwin-x64.command ; exit;          
(base) canderson@carls-mbp-2 ~ % /Users/canderson/Downloads/firmware-updater-darwin-x64.command ; exit;
This standalone updater is at version 1.0.0. 
We encountered an error connecting to the device: Device found, but could not be opened. 

Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
Deleting expired sessions...none found.

[Process completed]

What should I try next?

1 Like

Bullet V1.5, FW591. RT 3.4.1, Windows 10

Tried this updater again with no luck, received error as attached screen shot ā€œ Unable to read 64 bytes from device after getting varā€.

So I uninstalled all and reinstalled RT2.5.7 then upgraded to RT3.4.1. Bullet runs fine. When tried FW update again in RT3.4.1, it beeped 3 times, full fan running, then error showed ā€œWe encountered an issue updating your firmwareā€¦.ā€

Frustratedā€¦.

If I recall in another thread there was suggestion to downgrade to the 2.5.7, do the f/w upgrade then upgrade your RT. Please search thru these forums to confirm my recollection.

1 Like

Yes I saw the thread. The problem was that when RT2.5.7 was reverted back to, FW605 was not found or displayed at all. The current FW591 was displayed.

1 Like

Then have to wait and see what @jacob (or anyone else) has to say. I havenā€™t upgraded my f/w from 562 for the same reason of not wanting to deal with the fail.

Iā€™m using Linux Mint. My Bullet is V1. 5. with RT341. I canā€™t upgrade, it beeps 4 times, the display remains black and the Led lights orange, itā€™s a message about connection issues. If I try to restart, the problem persist, but if I wait a few minutes, the Led change to green again and I can use the roaster.

We have issues with older V1.5 bullets not being able to update even with the new update tool.
RT 3.4.1 also cannot update some bullets, and we donā€™t know why.

Please wait for RT 4 to be released, as this should fix some of the issues. All code has been re-written and it should be more stable.

If you are on a V1 or V1.5, then there is no real need to update, as all recent version have been tweaking the V2 induction boards.

The latest beta 606 introduces a new way of preheating, but this is still being tested.

4 Likes

niiice :slight_smile:
aprox when does rt4 come

Damnā€¦I just am seeing this thread. Having the same issue on a v1 machine. How can I fix this? Appears I need to install an old version of Roastime? If so, where do I get this? My unit is currently bricked.

-Mark

1 Like

I jumped to RT 4.1.2 to see if I could restart communications with no luck. I am currently bricked too.

Just noticed the rev level. Is that a typo? or is it really 4.1.2? Iā€™m at 4.0.22 with FE/BE/Comm all up to date.

Bruce

1 Like

i am on 4,1,2

No typo! The recent thread shows 4.1.2 is the current beta version! Do you by chance have a link to a 2.x.x download? Actually, I found it :slight_smile:

1 Like

4.0.22 or 4.1.2 is basically the same. The software is made up of components, each version of the component you can see if you go to settings ā†’ software.
So we release new components almost daily, but the main app will stay the same. There is no need to download 4.1.2 if you are on 4.0.22.

We tested it today and it works for us. If the Bullet starts up with 3 or 4 beeps, then you should be able to connect it to RT and update the firmware.
If there is no sound when starting up and all the fans spin then you might need to put it into bootloader manually.

Iā€™m ok with this during beta, but once this stabilizes I really feel we shouldnā€™t be forced to take an update. I prefer not to be forced to update when Iā€™m roasting (even though it now says it will update when I restart RT I donā€™t want it to because sometimes I do restart RT on roast day). Even with MSFT Win 10 I donā€™t let it auto-install the update until Iā€™m ready for it to apply it at the time of my choosing. Please give this some consideration.

4 Likes

I can confirm 4.1.2 allowed me to upgrade from 591 to 605 this morning. Iā€™m on roasting v1.5 and previously no other method worked for the firmware upgrade.

3 Likes

Good to know, how does 605 affect the roasting process and quality to V1.5?

2 Likes

Just wanted to +1 this comment as that fixed my problem this morning as well!

1 Like