Getting white screen on startup of roast time on Mac OS HELP!

Whenever I open roast time in MacOS the app opens but I just get a white screen, no error message or anything. Latest version of Mac OS and using the Roasttime V3

Hey @matthewstreeter.oEw7 - at one point in v3, there was a data issue that caused this to happen. You should be able to delete your ~/Application Support/roastime directories and re-install to fix the issue.

I would recommend upgrading to our beta v4 version though. RoasTime 4 Open Beta and Testing

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I’m not quite sure how to do this on a mac computer? Further, installed the beta for V4 and almost the identical thing happens, except the task bar at the top shows up but I can still see my desktop!?

Try a full and fresh reboot of your Mac, then power cycle your Bullet.

You can open the CLI and type:

rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/roast-time
rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/RoasTime

and re-install.

This is a pretty easy solution -

First: sell your Mac
Second: buy Windows and install that version

:wink:

Totally kidding lol
Reinstalling the program should do the trick and make sure you have the latest version. What version of Mac OS are you on. Assuming you’re in Ventura you can use this. If not, just change the drop-down.
https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/install-and-uninstall-other-apps-mh35835/mac

2 Likes

Did you re-install RoasTime after wiping those directories? Are you on the slack by chance? Would be happy to jump on a call and help you.

Hey @matthewstreeter.oEw7,

If this hasn’t been resolved yet. Can you provide a screenshot or video of RoasTime v4 showing this issue? This was fixed in RT v4 and so I’ve been attempting to re-create this issue. However, I have not been able to so a video/screenshot will be very helpful.

Best,
Derrick