I’m not a credible source but I’ll tell you what I think I have done using Win 10 to update Bullet f/w-
- Power up the Bullet & leave it in OFF mode
- Connect USB cable to your external computer
- If it isn’t already running, launch RT and on the Menu bar choose Tools > Update Firmware
- RT will report your current f/w version with check boxes for Stable or Beta… your choice. I’m using f/w 523 (which I believe is still listed as a Beta) without any apparent problems
- If you’re not up-to-date, launch the update. (I may be missing 1 iteration but following the prompts will get it done)
Wait time depends on your i’net & USB connections.
I get the impression this is a new machine and installation. You will need to do a calibration of Exhaust Fan speed. You’ll have to search for the instructions for that here on R.W. Jacob posted them 2 or 3 months ago.
When setting temperature curve colors, you have to be connected to the internet. There’s an issue with color selection which Aillio thinks they have fixed but there’s still an issue where Exit Temp and RoR are reversed. I’ve seen indication it sets correctly, but when I later look at a chart I’ve found it reversed. Just set Exit Temp to the color you want for RoR, and set RoR to some color suitable for the X-axis (Time). I’d suggest using 4 distinctly different colors which will make RT (and your) errors more apparent; fine tune them later.
I think the reversal may have to do with charts being saved in R.W. You should have no issue with correlation between selection of color for Bean Temp or IBTS/Drum Temp compared to chart display.
As I understand it, there probably won’t be anything much happening with RT for awhile as they focus on changes to R.W.