How to view all community roasts of a particular bean?

Is it possible to view and analyze a set of roasts for a particular bean that other people have also roasted so that I can see how the bean reacts to power/fan settings? Right now I can click a bean in inventory and view “Recent Roasts” by other people but this limits it to the past 8 or so roasts, and I don’t see a way to see all other roasts in the community beyond the most recent ones.

Further, it would be great to analyze multiple profiles and curves for a particular bean from community roasts as well; a feature that I’ve only been able to do for my own roasts.

When you go to Roast.World you’ll find, on the dashboard to your left, beans / discover. There you can type in any bean you want, and you’ll have all the roasts with that particular bean. Be advised that there might be errors in naming, so some may pass unobserved. You may also search by vendor or origin.

Thanks for the reply; I did that and I arrive at the same page. Once on the bean’s page I can see on the right side of the screen 3 tabs in the top right. “Vendor Recipes” “Vendor Roasts” and “Recent Roasts”. Under recent roasts though I can only see the latest 10 roasts. I was hoping to be able to see all available roasts.

Yes, that is true. Well, the only other alternative is to type in the bean name in discover roasts section and hope for the best. Other than that, you can only hope that someone from Aillio implements a feature where all instead of recent roasts are shown when selecting a particular bean.

2 Likes

Have you found any work arounds or similar features that do what you want?

I have not found any workarounds for this yet. Thank you

2 Likes

I keep hearing about how all this data that aillio collects is for us, the community, but I struggle to have accesss to larger data pools, as well as better search refinement tools. Seems a wasted opportunity. Also, other users can set to private, so there may be some geniuses with private settings that we’ll never know about.

Anyone have good tips on finding useful data on roastworld? Or maybe I should start a thread asking what others have learn from data on roast world?

1 Like

A genius would not look for other geniuses that live somewhere else in different atmospheric conditions, with different power grids, different beans, etc. Also, a genius would not set their roasts on private, as they know that nobody sane would try to copy their roasts and operating conditions. I mean, Coe has 1.3k roasts that are not private. I have found everything that is of any use to me, but I wasn’t searching for someone to do the roasting for me. If I were, I’d buy roasted coffee.

With much confidence, I can tell you, I am not a genius

How have you been utilizing roast world data for your education/roasting?

1 Like

How has roasting been going?

Hey Jimmy, I haven’t used it much to be honest; looked around the site at first but haven’t in some time. I need to revisit it.

1 Like

Been going great otherwise!

Ah! That is good to hear! I’m still struggling with a big issue, but trying to learn about Roast.workd while I hold off on roasting

Have any tips? In regards to roast.world?

I don’t usually go online, so pretty new to roast world.

*i don’t go online because of bugs. Then I had an issue with airflow and tech support had me update my firmware and now I have a bug. Exactly why I don’t go online. Haha.