IGBT sensor

Just need to figure out a glycol chiller setup here.

1 Like

The bean cooler fan should point away from the belly of the roast as well. This helped me a lot.

I was sent a replacement induction fan with slightly higher amps. I have done one roast after replacing the fan today, and it stayed in the high (but acceptable) range. I think it got up to 87.

The new fan is significantly louder than the previous fan, but it’s quieter and less annoying to set up than the external fan I had been using. I have not tried a roast that sits at P9 yet, or back to back roasts in the middle of the day. I’ll report back when I have more data.

I shot a video of the replacement procedure, so if anyone else has to do this, it might be helpful.

2 Likes

Same solution here. Small fan underneath and the cooling tray venting to the side and not underneath the roaster. Big roasts in the summer were giving me the yellow warning.

1 Like

@billc How did this work out for you? Worthwhile?

I use the under belly fan for every roast.

Something else that I would try first is aiming a small fan at the bottom right side of the control panel. That is where the air inlet is for the IGBT fan and there is a sensor in there.
After aiming a small fan at the grill opening, the temperature will drop 10-20 degrees within a few minutes. This was suggested to me by Matt from Aillio.

Cheers.