Inventory Management

I am a new user having trouble with inventory management. I am able to create a bean and the amount of green roasted is deducted, but then it automatically adds it back in and I don’t see any way to delete “adjustments” to the inventory and cannot figure out why it is adding the beans back in. Sure appreciate the help and guidance as this would be a cool tool to know how much green in inventory.

This keeps happening form me with different beans. Always the "Automatic inventory adjustment: Bean was removed from roastX " within a day or two after roasting. Can anyone shed some light here why this is happening? Am I the only one having this issue? Thanks.

Hey @srmattson,

My apologies for this. We will get this fixed for you asap. I’m not yet sure why it would remove and the re-add it to your bean. I’ll write back here when this is fixed.

I’d like to ask, do you input the green weight using Roast World or RoasTime?

Derrick

I input the green weight I am roasting in RoasTime. I input the new green weight available in RoastWorld.

Here is a screenshot of what it is doing.

Hey @srmattson,

Could you expand on what you meant by

[quote=“srmattson, post:4, topic:11150, full:true”]
I input the green weight I am roasting in RoasTime. I input the new green weight available in RoastWorld.
[/quote]?

The workflow for the inventory usually goes like this:

1. Start roast on RoasTime
  2. Add roast details including the green weight and bean
  3. At the end of the roast, edit it and add your roasted weight.
  4. Let RT sync the roasts to Roast World

Could you confirm if this is how your roasting usually goes? The Return type usually refers occurs when a roast profile is edited and the bean is removed. If the bean is removed we automatically add it back to the original bean. (We do this as we need to support the use case where a bean is added to the roast by mistake and then incorrectly subtracts the time.)

Derrick

I thought I had replied to this a few weeks ago, but not seeing my post. Yes, that is the workflow I follow. I am not removing beans when editing roast profiles.

Hey @srmattson,

Sorry for the delay. We managed to figure out what was causing this issue and published a fixed to RW.

If you manage to complete a roast soon, please let me know if you see this issue still.

Derrick

Derrick, thanks. Seems to be working now.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming and reporting the original issue!