Issue with preheating - USB Connectivity Issue

I used a 15” Mac from work using RT3 to get some roasting done. Had a whole bunch of life stuff this past weekend. Tried roasting tonight with the 13” MBP and RT updated. It’s working now. Thank you.

Actually, no. Scratch that. I’ve lost connection again. I was about to finish a roast and the alarm sound came on and the panel on the Bullet froze. None of the buttons worked. I had to dump the roast and unplug it to get the alarm to stop. And, now I’ve lost connection. RT says it’s connected, but then it won’t preheat from the software. When I click “Start Preheating” it drops the connection. This is very frustrating. I need this to work for my business. @mcaillio

Hi @howard.ESqd , I just responded to your email, but with the report of the panel freezing, it seems like there might also be a hardware issue that the support team needs to help investigate.

@howard.ESqd Was there an error on the roaster? This sounds hardware related. Do you have time to screenshare today to try and get things working again?

I saw this same thing using 4.3.15 on a Win11 machine. In my case it was at the very end of the roast but hearing your case I guess I was just lucky that the roast was done. PRS button (panel) was unresponsive.

Bruce

Edit- make that 4.6.15

Thank you for the reply. Did it just happen once?

Yes- just happened once. Lost the roast data as it never completed. At this point I can only speculate, but I think the alarm sounded as I was about to hit the PRS button to end the roast. Mashing the button changed nothing- the roast data was already lost. I was able to save the roast. The drum had stopped so I tipped the roaster to get the beans out of the drum, then scrambled thru restarting everything then cycling PRS to COOL to get the fan on.

That was roast #2 for the day. I went on and completed 2 more roasts without issue.

Bruce

@jeffaillio @mcaillio

Hello! I uninstalled RT4 and installed RT3. I did one quick roast last night, and just finished four roasts tonight with no issues. So, the lock up problem may be an RT4 issue. One thing that occurred to me was the alarm on RT4 may have been associated with a recipe alert set for 210C saying to end roast at 212C.

@mcaillio - After the latest firmware update some time back, I have been seeing an A-01 error on and off even during preheat. This is new for me and the Bullet. Never experienced that till now. The error does not disrupt the roasts as such but is an irritation at best.

@here If anyone with this issue has time to connect with me today, please DM me!