Loss of Power During Roast

I was doing a 900 g roast this afternoon on my 3 1/2 yr old R1V2. At P9 it took over 6 minutes to reach 160C. At about 12 mins into the roast the RoR dropped to zero. The red LED on the board continued to flash 5 times. Everything else functioned - just no heat. Ambient temp was about 65F. I usually do 550g roasts.
I’ve seen topics like this posted but never a reference to 5 flashes of the LED.
I’ve submitted a support ticket but wonder if anyone else had this same problem. I’m afraid the induction board is toast.

In my notes, I have 5 flashes of the red LED as a timeout:
IGBT_ERR_TIMEOUT 0x10 /* When the induction has been On for more than one hour - at 60 Hz*/

This doesn’t sound like what you experienced.
My notes for this may not be up to date. or may not relate to your model

Thanks for the info Bill.
If I take "When the induction has been On for more than one hour - at 60 Hz" at face value then how do people do multiple back to back roasts?
The reply from Aillio: Based on the logs there might be something wrong with the Induction Module. Can you provide us with a video of the blinking to double-check?
Can I run the roaster empty to try and recreate the problem? I’d rather not waste another 2 lbs of beans if possible.

I wasn’t convinced that the alarm code that I have is applicable to what you are experiencing. The alarm codes that I have may be out of date.

Have you tried running one of your 550g roasts?

I would ask customer service if you can run that same profile without beans. I wouldn’t want to be the one that suggested that it is okay and cause more potential damage to your Bullet.

Sorry @kkrawford, I am not much help today.

In the spreadsheet I found from Aillio I have 5 flashes as a Timeout-

IGBT_ERR_TIMEOUT 0x10 /* When the induction has been On for more than one hour - at 60 Hz*/ 5

Unfortunately I have no clue what the Timer is measuring though I would speculate it’s idle time with no roast activity. I do a long Preheat (close to an hour) then start the roast session which will run 2-3 hours more. I’ve not had this error. So it isn’t simply ‘on time’ that’s being monitored. Need some help from the creator- @jacob ? (Of course the timing isn’t good since his weekend just started!).

Bruce

Thanks for the info Bruce. I just fired up the roaster. After booting I counted 17 LED flashes. Then it glowed constant as usual. I roasted 450g and everything went normally. Good news but I’m still uneasy about the shutdown yesterday and the somewhat ominous message from Aillio. Fingers crossed.

What was the resolution to this? Thanks

In fact, there was no resolution. I didn’t do anything and the problem never re-occurred. I normally pre-heat for about 30 mins and if I recall correctly, this was one of those times where I was preoccupied during the pre-heat cycle and it probably went over an hour.

1 Like

That is good to know, at least. Weather has become quite cold and I might lose track of preheat time these days. Could help alleviate guessing the cause, or at least I can avoid it.

Thank you for following up.