Folks, I have something like over 400 roasts on my bullet r1. Have logged 100’s of graphs and know exactly how long it takes to get from preheat to TP to Yellowing etc… with the exact same batch size and beans.
Over the weekend I did the IBTS, upgraded my firmware and software, and ran 2 roasts.
The first roast, using the exact same power settings I have always used…almost died.
The heat just isn’t there! The second roast I had to compensate by starting at P9 as opposed to P7 and it improved, but still was slower getting to yellowing and FC than prior to these “upgrades”.
I can’t even begin to describe how disappointed and angry I am. I loved this machine and now it’s almost useless. I certainly can use it, but no one else on my staff can. I have no problem manually roasting and logging things, but one of the great advantages of this machine is I could help others by writing my recipes for batches that triggered off of time.
This new software is prioritizing the wrong thing. Roaster functionality should be first and foremost over some cloud based community that desires to data log everything I am doing.
- Make the playback work with temp, this is a must, not an option.
- Make the software so I can actually edit my roasts recipe
- Make the software so I can create/add a bean
- I don’t care about “roastworld” I don’t want my recipes and beans and information out there.
- I paid a lot of money for a great machine and now it has taken multiple steps backwards and less functionality than when I purchased it !!!
-I now have to figure out how to roast all over again on the exact same equipment I have had dialed in for year.