Multiple Issues: Beans not synching correctly [fixed], back-to-back roast lost connection, roast info missing, & a few other issues

Forced updates are a bummer [original title]

So many bugs last night when my friend came over to roast!

• I no longer have any beans. Clicking resync button didn’t help. Empty drop down menu. I do see my beans on the web roastworld.

• I cant add new beans. I type in the vendor and bean name, but I can’t do anything with the Container field. Cancel is my only choice.

• Back to back roast lost connection 90sec into the second roast, the “roaster is not connected”. I restarted the software and finished the roast. I tried to use that roast with 90 missing sec as an overlay, but when I did, the missing time was removed and the overlay curve and timeline shifted left 90sec.

• This morning two of the six roasts I did last night have no saved info. The title, weight, bean, etc are all blank. We definitely edited and saved the roast info.

• One of the roasts had weird playback where the power went to P0 over a few seconds. The timeline looks like buttons were pushed many times quickly, but we were just standing there, not doing anything.

• chart lines not clipped to the chart area

• app crashed just now while I was clicking on last night’s roasts

Please give me control over when to update!

Hey @damon,

We’re working our best to get these sorted out. As much as we’d like to push fixes as soon as possible, we’ve been trying a release candidate strategy as a way to reduce bug/issues caused by forced updates. We do have a RT3.4.1 Release Candidate 1 that fixes a few known bugs. I’ve attached a link to these if you’d like to give them a try. Unfortunately, I can’t post .exe or .dmg files on here so here are the links to these files on our Slack channel:

• dmg: Slack

• exe: Slack

• Slack invitation if you need it to access the files: Slack

Here are some answers to some of your questions:

I no longer have any beans. Clicking re-sync button didn’t help. Empty drop down menu. I do see my beans on the web roast world.

This is a weird issue especially since the force refresh didn’t fix it. To fix this, I went ahead and queued a re-sync for your RT when it reconnects online.

I cant add new beans. I type in the vendor and bean name, but I can’t do anything with the Container field. Cancel is my only choice.

This is more than likely related to the synching issue mentioned above. Once that is working, this option should be available. The container groups are refer to the Active and Archived tables shown on Roast World.

Back to back roast lost connection 90sec into the second roast, the “roaster is not connected”. I restarted the software and finished the roast. I tried to use that roast with 90 missing sec as an overlay, but when I did, the missing time was removed and the overlay curve and timeline shifted left 90sec.

Hmm, can you provide some more information about how the lost connection happened? I don’t work with Bullet/RT communication so any additional information on this would help.

This morning two of the six roasts I did last night have no saved info. The title, weight, bean, etc are all blank. We definitely edited and saved the roast info.

Is the roast info missing from Roast World as well? This might have been caused by the sync delay between Roastime and Roast World. This data will be synced to RW and online as soon as possible.

I’ll pass these three to the other software engineers who work on RT as it’s out of scope of the parts of RT that I have experience with.

• One of the roasts had weird playback where the power went to P0 over a few seconds. The timeline looks like buttons were pushed many times quickly, but we were just standing there, not doing anything.
  • chart lines not clipped to the chart area
  • app crashed just now while I was clicking on last night’s roasts

Hey @damon,

I wanted to follow up to ask you if my response to some of the questions helped resolve them. I’d also like to respond to a few of the screenshots you had included in your original post.

^ I think this particular screenshot is more of a UI/UX issue rather than a synching issue. Can you try typing in the name of a bean in your list? I tried this on my Rt and had the same “No data found” option. However, after typing a few bean’s names, I saw my beans in the list.

^ This screenshot should show two options to users: Active and Archived. If these are not showing on your local RT, can you try re-logging in? This screenshot below is the expected look/data:

If these are not showing, can you provide a screenshot of your RT’s Beans page? You all the beans page should show this information:

Derrick

Thanks, Derrick, I have beans again after the resync. And now I can enter new beans as well.

No idea what happened when USB disconnected 90 seconds into the second back to back roast. I dont remember touching anything. No loose cable.

The two of six roasts with missing info, still have missing info. On roastworld as well. I’ll re enter it.

Thanks for looking into this.

Hey @damon,

Thanks for getting back to me. I’m happy to hear that your beans are synching correctly now. In regards to the missing info from two of the roasts, it it’s not showing on RT and RW that means that the data might be missing. So re-entering will for sure get this up and running.

Let me know if you encounter any other issues.

Derrick

BTW, I’d like to let you know that I’ll update the post title to help other users who might have a similar problem find this thread. I’ll move your original title into the first sentence of your original post.

Derrick