My R1 V2 Smoke Ventilation System Idea

Hello, I am here to share my ventilation system idea. I usually roast coffee bean in my garage. PS: that aluminum box is the fine fittler box.
Please feel free to share your comment.
Have a good day !

Hi @hewen529923510.yWw5,

We usually advise against sealing the Ventilation Tube on both ends as this will cause the moisture, heat, and oil to accumulate inside of the Drum due to condensation or backdraft. We would suggest breaking the seal on the Exhaust Port end so the Bullet is less affected by the Ventilation Setup.

Best regards,
Kevin

2 Likes

Thank you !!!

1 Like

You may also want to consider a hose from the back of the cooling tray to the filter box. You probably have noticed by now that when you dump the beans into the cooling tray there is a lot of smoke as well.

2 Likes

I have a similar design, but the major difference is that on the roaster side I have a 3 inch gap - so the duct (aluminum ducting in my case) does not make contact with the roaster.

I felt more comfortable with this approach for a couple of reasons:

1. The roaster can manage it’s own airflow, and it remains as originally intended. Suction from the duct won’t affect the Bullet’s default airflow.
  2. Vibration damage is avoided entirely, I worry that having a duct touching the roaster (since I don’t want to ‘anchor’ the duct on the roaster) during back-to-back cycles could cause scratches. At least, I thought it might which is why I chose to avoid that

Also the part that rises straight up from the roaster, in mine I kept it ‘angled’ so anything inside the duct - chaff or dust - wouldn’t fall on the roaster as much as possible.

Btw did you consider supplementing the cooling tray fan using the vent suction? Not sure if this is relevant for you but I roast 1kg batches often and the cooling tray feels a tad inadequate as-is.