New beta firmware 507 released

I noted with this 507 release that the info panel no longer shows the firmware version and my roast count (assuming that is what is being tracked) has jumped from mid 70’s to the 2000’s :wink: Must have a ghost in the house who likes fresh coffee…this beta firmware is going to play hell with my resale value…

We are aware of the problem. I think it is a RT issues.
Might not be fixed with the next beta release, but I have put it in our todo list.

The Info panel contains garbage after a f/w update. Notice your Serial (Number)? If I reboot my Bullet more than once I’ve found Info contains something that at least appears to be meaningful.

1 Like

Thanks for making this calibration. My question is: If I received a V2 a month ago or so via Sweet Marias… Is this fan already calibrated? I ask, because, on F1, my fan is WAY too high. It pulls the lighter in like my friends roasters do (roasting company/multiple machines) when they are full open air. I’ve had wonderfully successful roasts leaving the fan at F1 through the entire roast actually but need to go lower significantly. I would have assumed this was handled before my unit shipped. Is there any way to tell?
Thanks

I received one from the same batch. SM said they were not sure and advised me to do the update so I knew it was done. It was 5 minutes and very easy.

Yes, there’s a way to tell if the calibration has been done. Read thru these instructions (from @jacob ) . In step 5, the display will (is supposed to?) tell you whether the fan has been calibrated. Hopefully none of the 33 f/w revisions since then has changed this indication.

Bruce

1 Like

Is it necessary to recalibrate with the new firmware?

The calibration is saved data in f/w. I would guess the only chance of an issue is if the saved data becomes corrupted. I’ve had a couple failed f/w updates without affecting the fan calibration data. But I can’t help but wonder if I’d recognize the problem unless the fan stopped running.

Bruce

WOw! I just calibrated my fan. Thats an Insane difference! I’m at a F5 to achieve what used to be F1 now. Talk about a profile changer… Happy to actually have fan control now instead of a permanent tornado in the drum!

1 Like