New Error Experienced - Bullet dropped to P0 Multiple Times

Bullet Dev Team,

We just had three consecutive roasts experience errors that caused the Power level to drop to 0. this practically ruined the roasts as we tried to recover the power level and maintain our curve.

I see a few different errors listed but wasn’t seeing (I don’t think) anything on this in the manual.
See Roasts (CLA23-124-2 , 3, 4)

Board V2.0 / Serial 5924 / Firmware 605
Info 29488: 500
Info 28674: 3
Info 28672: 57671
Info 28673: 40564
Error 32769: 33374
Error 129: 65523
Error 46: 100 (100°C) - Induction temperature too high
Info 29200: 32
Error 129: 65524
Error 129: 65523

Any help understanding our issue would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Azahar

Looks like the induction coil is overheating.

Is the ambient temperature high? If so, can you reduce the temperature of the room where you are roasting?

Check that the fan in the electronics enclosure underneath the drum is rotating properly and isn’t gunked up with stuff. (Smoke from the bean cooling tray can get sucked up into the enclosure and deposit all sorts of nastiness on the fan and inside.)

Point a box fan or some other portable fan at the electronics enclosure to move more air and keep it cooler.

Gray

1 Like

I’ll give that a shot but it has only started recently. I’m wondering if there is gunk getting stuck deeper than the fan and causing this? I just did a deep clean in the bottom side and cleared up the junk in that fan but I still got errors on my third roast today. We generally do 2-5 batches in a row and have never had issues.

Wondering if the Aillio team has seen something similar happen to others and have some other tips in case the fan doesn’t work?

Just went through a similar (maybe, probably, identical) issue myself, on a nearly brand new unit. My unit seemed to be fine until some recent firmware updates. Then, my IGBT temps started tripping over the limit (now 98°C in recent firmware) during a roast, and the firmware then drops power to P0.

I contacted tech support, and @matt_yau Matt Yau helped me out. They sent me a new electronics cooling fan that is slightly more powerful and moves more air (the one at the lower rear of the roaster, visible when you remove the chaff collector, but NOT the primary squirrel cage roasting fan).

So far, that seems to have solved the problem. My IGBT temps leveled off at 91°C on my last roast. Will be roasting again tonight or tomorrow.

In the mean time, do try the tip that @gfh65wi posted, and put a small table fan or similar blowing onto the electronics (rear of the cooling box plug, same side) as a temporary fix.

You can monitor your IGBT temps by clicking the “i” icon on your computer during a roast. They are the first things listed. Keep them under 98°C… (The external fan trick worked very well for me while I was waiting for the new cooling fan in the mail.)

1 Like

@chocolatedogkona thanks for the extra detail.
@gfh65wi thanks for the fan idea

Having the table fan definitely helped. Monitoring the info I saw it never got over 80 but if I removed the fan I could see it climbing up into the 80s again. I’d replace it and it would drop again. Great!

@matt_yau - is this something I should put in a support ticket for to potentially have a fan replaced?

Hi @azahar
Please send us an email to [email protected]. This way I will be able to arrange the replacement fan for you. Thank you!

– Matt Yau

1 Like

Is this an issue solved by a stronger fan? I’ve just been running a slimline dual pc fan pointed up at the electronics, but if there’s a stock solution that would be nice!

1 Like

@prehistoricperk that is a slick setup. The USB fan I purchased is doing the job and I’ll probably just use that the rest of summer.

I contacted Aillio support but after international shipping that little fan was going to cost $80. No way! Lol my $10 fan will suffice.

I’m kind of in the same boat. At first I thought it was because of the room temp, as I would try to keep the room warm as possible. But now that I have the USB fan and have begun to drop my room temp to around 70F, I feel maybe I need to look at how much dust is in there.

Yeah, support sent me a generic aillio link, and I wasn’t able to purchase a part, and then they stopped replying, but $80 is crazy. I feel like a lot of products nowadays, best to buy 2, and use one for parts. Haha. I’m kidding, but such is the economies of scale and production.

Yeah, a lot to like, but yeah, it is a home roaster by design.

I just wish I could use P9, as it seems like that is what everyone is using. I’ll keep at it though.