Not getting enough heat in playback mode

I use playback mode regularly and find it to be very reliable at tracing a roast profile until yesterday.

I roasted 500 gr of indo bean using playback mode and I kept getting low RoR even after applying more heat. The problem did not go away after I tried the following

1. Different bean and roast profile
  2. Cleaning the roaster including exhaust fan and pipe
  3. Turning it off and on

Please help

Many thanks
Arief

What did you do before this happened?
Things to consider
a) If old profiles were with a dirty IR glass then the preheat temp would be different
b) If the chaff filter was dirty then roasts might be faster due to less airflow
c) Environment, ambient temperature
d) bean density could perhaps have an effect
e) Power plug voltage if this is lower for some reason then in V1 the power could be less

Hi Jacob,

thanks for getting back to me so quickly … here are some of the things I did

What did you do before this happened?

I did back to back roasting of 1 kg load x 3 on New Years Eve, clean chaff and soak chaff filter and replace the chaff filter and then on New year I roasted some more and observed the problem of low RoR as well as P and F settings change without my input (this happened after I got out of playback mode)

Things to consider
a) If old profiles were with a dirty IR glass then the preheat temp would be different

I suspected the same, so I opened from panel and wiped IR Glass which wasn’t too dirty anyway as I do this regularly. the problem did not go away

b) If the chaff filter was dirty then roasts might be faster due to less airflow

I just cleaned and soaked the filter (it’s shiny) before the problem arose

c) Environment, ambient temperature

I live in Indonesia, so ambient temperature is pretty stable

d) bean density could perhaps have an effect

I tried a different bean that I am familiar with with my regular profile and I am still seeing low RoR

e) Power plug voltage if this is lower for some reason then in V1 the power could be less

No other appliances connected to the circuit … but I will try again and report today

Many Thanks

Arief

I have seen the opposite issue with the playback mode. I follow very closely up to the Yellowing point and then my roast takes off on me. Sorry, I dont have a copy to show. I assumed (maybe incorrectly) it was a V1 vs v2 issue

You can always contact Aillio with your problem and serial number and we will try to check the logs if you have been roasting with RoasTime and you are connected to the internet.

Another thing to try is if the recipe mode behaves differently.

Thanks Dankdane, I will create a recipe this weekend and try again.

Will send serial number. thanks for offer to help

1 Like

Recipe function worked well, thanks for the suggestion

2 Likes