Pour over

I use a Hario Syphon. Makes a great bold cup and is a fun way to brew. Must be the Mad Scientist in me. :robot:

1 Like

Iā€™m an Espresso/cappuccino kindaā€™ guy but when I do pour-overs I use Hario Switch(both as V60 and as intended) also recently managed to find a conical no-bypass brewer(Kono ripoff?) at the dollar store that has been yielding me some excellent results with Hario VCF-02-40W filters.

My other gear is a cheapo Yamazen gooseneck kettle with temperature control a Timemore C2 grinder and a Timemore Black Mirror scale.

Aside from those I dabble with Moka pots, AeroPress, Phin and Ibrik.

Cheers!

I use the Hario V60 system Buono kettle, ceramic dripper, Hario filters, scale and acrylic stand. I just like the simplicity of the system and the cup it brews. I use the technique posted by Thompson Owen of Sweet Marias on Youtube here Pour-Over Brewing Technique - YouTube
I looked at upgrading my kettle to either an electric goose neck or a fancier goose neck manual kettle but after sober reflection I couldnā€™t justify the cost especially when the Hario works so well. I use the same ratio of coffee to water as the SM video - 24 gms coffee to 350 gms water which allows me to scale up or down depending on circumstance while getting the same result. For me, the pour over method represents the pinnacle of coffee brewing pleasure.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been using a Baratza Encore grinder, a Fellow Stagg kettle, Kalita Wave 185 dripper with #2 Melitta filters. Likely thousands of cups over the years. 100% satisfied with the purchases and would buy them all over again.

Iā€™ve tried the stainless mesh drippers, and even with a good grinder, thereā€™s still too much sediment in the cup for me.

1 Like