Power loss during preheating

A screenshot of the Info window indicates you’re on f/w 605, not 610… ??

You might want to try the f/w update again. This seems to indicate the update failed for some reason.

Bruce

1 Like

You’re right. I even get some roasts out here and there if I manage to charge within the short window when the induction is randomly stabilizing. Painful operation nonetheless. I don’t have a screenshot, but the graph will look like this.

Sorry, I don’t have a recent screenshot because my Bullet is still with the local distributor for inspection. But now it’s running 610, and the local reps are testing it based on 610.

1 Like

Now I am borrowing a courtesy Bullet from Aillio (runs f/w 610) and it is showing the same issue in my place. Neither machines show any issue in the distributor’s office. We are both in the same country, based on same electricity line. (220V 60Hz)

If you could connect your current roaster and use RT4 then I think I would be able to see the logs and determine what is wrong, but the last roast is from 29th April.

From older roasts in April your voltage seems quite low. It dips down below 205V:

1. Try a different power outlet / different cable.
  2. Watch the voltage in the info panel
  3. Show me the error log ->click the tab in the info panel.

Sure, give me some time. The Bullet I am borrowing now seems to have a separate connectivity issue and RT is not recognizing the roaster. I am going to troubleshoot this soon and hopefully provide you the info. The last time I was able to roast with RT4 was indeed 29th April.

FYI, the first time I recognized this symptom was around 3rd March. I was following the same roast protocol but started to lose power mid-roast. Maybe comparing the logs before and after that point might give us some clue?

1 Like

Hi @jacob , after solving the connectivity issue (which was a whole other drama), the power-loss issue also resolved itself. I am not able to reproduce the issue after 8 consecutive (successful) roasts.

Here’s the voltage and error info during one of the preheat session:

I believe I have not changed a single condition but wondering why results come out so different. Do you think you can pull out any insights from the inputVoltage logs you showed me before? Or any other thoughts?

It’s now running good, but this probably will happen again anytime.

I think it could be some other apparatus on the same circuit as the bullet which causes a sudden drop in voltage. Could be a fridge, freezer, air-con, compressor etc etc which turns on periodically and draws a lot of amps. This causes the voltage to drop and the Bullet to detect an error. For that reason, switching to a different plug / circuit would be a way to see if this goes away.

That can be the case, but I had plenty instances that does not fall under that condition. I tested multiple plugs, tested early morning where other large appliances were mostly idle. The voltage will indicate normal level both on the voltage regulator gauge and RoastTime info box… But no power.

I guess it’s okay for Bullet to detect abnormalities and restrict the power, but it should throw a proper error/warning, and have a garbage-collection logic to “reset” that status (I think this is a bug with the Bullet - there’s no way my voltage was low for few weeks consecutively and suddenly recovered).

Are you on 60Hz on any chance?
Since firmware 610 we have fixed a bug with users on 60Hz 230V machines cutting out when the voltage drops. You could try the new version to see if this helps.