Pre Heating different form start temp

I am PH 230C but the graph shows 175C as starting point and the turn point is going as low as 75. Roasting Brazil Natural 1kg.

It’s a bit too much. BT should be somewhere in the 160-163 range on 230 PH. The IBTS is much lower at the beginning, which is to say around 20 to 30. You might want to clean your IBTS because it might be missing the mark and preheating more than it should. Also, the BT, which is the starting temp you’re refering to, is measuring, as its name says, the bean temperature. You never reach 230 BT, if you don’t want very dark, almost burned beans.

ph230c for 1 kg i ph310c for 1kg
sooo i think your ph temp i way to low

1 Like

What kind of coffee do you like?

^^^ this ^^^

230C is extremely low for a 1kg roast on an IBTS Bullet. See the Recommended Preheat Temps and Power Settings table in the Aillio for guidelines on batch size vs preheat temperature.

Brazil Natural, 1000g, low acidity.

1 Like

I apologize, I haven’t noticed you were roasting a 1kg batch. Fortunately, others have. However, I don’t know how many roasts you did, or which firmware you’re using, but I’ll hold on to my comment that 175 is a bit high when PH is 230. Also, 240 on 310 seems a bit high too. Should be around 230 or degree or two under that. It might be something else, but I will still hold on to my advice for cleaning the IBTS.