Public roasts saved on Roast.World won't show up in RoasTime if you have a saved roast from a deleted user

I’m using RoasTime v3.2.2

When I save a roast in RoasTime, it doesn’t download to my app if I have a roast tha’ts from an unavailable user/deleted

When I click save, it adds it to my saved roasts on Roast.World, but it doesn’t show up in the RoasTime application. Once I unsave the unavailable roast, the new roasts download to the application

1 Like

Hi,
I’m trying to understand what you’re saying but there are a few things I don’t get…

So the roast is visible on Roastime, but it does not download to RoastWorld on your phone?

so it seems the roast does get added to Roast World… but in the previous line you said it does not download to your “app”…

I thought it was visible in Roastime, as you said “when i save a roast in Roastime”?

in any event, it is possible that Roastime doesn’t allow full sharing if a user has closed their account, but you could then do a screen grab of the roast and create a recipe from that. I’ve managed to do a complete passive playback of a recipe I’ve created… turned out pretty well…

Mark

Thank you so much for posting this—it saved me continued pulling my hair out! This bug still exists in RoasTime 3.4.1—if you have a roast saved on roast.world by a user who has since deleted their account, none of your saved roasts will sync to the RoasTime application (I’m on Mac OS, 3.41) until you go into saved roasts and delete (far right button) the ones from any "Unknown User"s.

This could definitely use a fix on the software side!

It’s worse than that. Here are my stashed roasts on RoastWorld:

And, no matter how many times I restart the app etc. here are my stashed roasts in the RoasTime app (can’t post this because it only allows one media per post - I’ll put it in the next reply)
There quite a few bugs in the Mac app at least - kinda a bummer.

And here are the stashed roasts that appear in the Mac version of the app (v4.6.21) - the top three roasts are missing entirely - I can’t use them as an overlay like I’d like to.

Hey @davidbien2009.PU1y,

Can you please share a screenshot of the full RoasTime page? Curious about how many of your actual roasts are synced down.

Thanks,
Derrick

Hey @senorchris,

Sorry for the extremely late reply. But do you still experience this in RT 4? Do you mean none of your saved roasts sync?

Derrick

I tried to stash Andrew Coe’s roast and doesn’t seem to be available.

Went with a clean install, because I had an error when updating to RT4 and could not start the app, but now I try to save a title and description of the roasts and they just randomly revert to “Untitled” and no description. Aggregating.

Hey all,

Thanks for the report. I added this to our issue tracker so that we can get this sorted out.

Derrick

1 Like