Roast roar crashing and stoping the roast after first crack

Hi im new to roasting and new to the community first time posting here towards end of the most of my roasts on bullet it starts beeping and saying first crack the automatically shuts down and puts the fan on f12 im so frustrated i wanted to keep developing for 1 min more at least now i have hay juice just ruined 1,2 kg of beautiful guji i will attach some pics

It’s the deadman alarm. When you hear it beep, you must press a button on the roaster. Not in the software, on the roaster itself. It doesn’t matter which one, but maybe it’s better to avoid the PRS button as you might accidentally press it twice. You might also want to check out and read the manual as the common problems like this are all listed there.

Bullet R1 Manual - Google Docs

1 Like

I would love it if the alarm would use information from the recipe and F**k off any time near the end temp of the roast it has confounded me as I am ending the roast with a drop temp of 204c

It’s very common in domestic coffee roasters. Unlikely something Aillio put in for fun. You’ll probably have to lobby the UL or ETL or someone to change the rules.

The first deadman alert usually happens for me around 7 1/2 minutes. (but I believe that it is temperature and time base)

I have to pay very close attention. I have hearing loss and don’t always catch the beep. the display only shows the warning for a few seconds.

It would be nice if the display would flash one of the LED displays until you press a button.
Kind of like the flashing display for phones for people with hearing loss

Sometimes I will press the F1 or F2 button whether I heard the warning beep or not. I never press the PRS button for the deadman alert. If I didn’t hear the warning beep, pressing the PRS button would stop the Roast.

thanks everyone for response i will give f1 and f2 a try prs dose not work i have tried