Roasted Coffee Packaging Resources

Does anyone have a supplier for coffee packaging? We used to be able to purchase the white resealable and brown paper coffee bags in 8 oz and 16 oz sizes but they no longer offer them. The supplier they refer you to only sells in quantities of 500 which is considerably larger than I need. Any suggestions are welcome!

Check clearbags.com

Prices seem to have jumped at all my usual sites post-holiday so I had to settle for plain bags with separate stick-on fold down tin closures. But they were affordable.

Bruce

Thank you Bruce, looks like some good options.

Same problem. I found these 8/16 oz. Happy with them so far.

2 Likes

Thanks, Amazon of course, why didn’t I think of that!

Thanks for that link Bab. “ClearBags” is about half the per-bag cost of most bags sold at either online coffee sites or Amazon. I’ve saved that link for when I need to order more for personal use. :sunglasses:

Just keep in mind that-

• they don’t have zip-lock closures and
  • you have to buy the stick-on ties (also cheap).

I bought 1# kraft bags with vapor barrier & valve plus the ties. They’re narrow (3-3/8"x2-1/2") and tall (13"). Took a little persuasion the first time I opened one but it stands on its own with a flat bottom once I won the argument. Still have to work out how to use them without spilling beans, but at 30%-60% the cost of other sources (with shipping) I’ll make it work.

Bruce

These have closures and are heat sealable. Not sure how much they’d hold, maybe somewhere between 8 & 12 oz?

I passed on heat-sealable as it didn’t leave a way for the user to readily re-close the bag. This particular bag doesn’t have the valve if that’s important to you. But the price is sure right!

Bruce

Look for the Natural Kraft stand up bags. They heat seal and can be sealed again after opening.

I just purchased 500 black heat sealable stand up bags with ziplock closure and 1-way valves. I would love to offload 200-300 of these. DM if interested. These are 12 oz bags.

Hey, I’d recommend coffee canisters, to my mind, it’s the best way to keep coffee fresh with aroma and for a very long time. Here is a good review about it!

For home use, agree on stainless steel canisters. From Amazon I bought 2 very similar to #2 and #5 in the reviewed list that @frankmcguire1981n2rk posted. I also bought another 3 ~12oz canisters with a valve at the bottom from Sweet Maria’s (much cheaper!). Also have a canister from some fancy Brooklyn, NY, roaster that I kept. I read somewhere that best to store roasted beans in a canister that doesn’t allow light in as well.

Thanks for the recent responses. To clarify, I was looking for packaging when shipping beans as Sweet Maria’s/Coffee Shrub had recently discontinued selling them. Through earlier responses I have been able to source from Amazon sellers.

For personal use, yes on canisters. I’ve used and given as gifts the Airscape ones for years and they are great.

Here’s another site I had book marked: Coffee Bags & Wholesale Coffee Packaging | PBFY Packaging

If you want to be environmentally friendly try Googling “plant based coffee bag”

I’ve been going to Clearbags.com for valved bags for over a year. Metal ties don’t come with the bags and must be ordered separately (some users seal the bags closed).

Bruce

The valve on the bottom is the WORST you can get! Co2 is heavier than oxygen so that will come out leaving oxygen in ( not good ). Store it upside down.

Check hongyiplasticpack.com
They have coffee bags in all colors, sizes, and styles,MOQ:50pcs