Roaster config

If I pick IBTS for ROR in the config will my bean temp still be read by the IBTS?

Currently both I-RoR & B-RoR are plotted. Selecting IBTS places the Markers (Yellow, 1C. 1Cend, etc.) on the IBTS temp plot; choosing Bean Temp just locates those markers on the plot for the Bean Temp. Either way youā€™ll (at least currently) have both RoR curves.

Bruce

Iā€™m confused by this reply, Bruce. Arenā€™t the IBTS and ā€œbeanā€ plots just temperature plots? The RoR is a rate, right? Change in temperature per minute? Thereā€™s only one RoR curve plotted. Or am I missing something here?
Terry

Yes, thatā€˜s correct, but you can plot it for BT (thatā€˜s usually used) and additially for ET

Latest version of Roastime implemented IBTS ROR.

Hi Terry-

Yesā€¦ RoR is the rate of change of IBTS & Bean Probe temp graphs in degrees per min.

Depending on your installed version of RT3 you should be seeing a smoothed I-RoR plus B-RoR. The latter (B-RoR) should be unchanged from what youā€™re accustomed to seeing.

RT3 ought to auto-d/l a newer version then offer to update RT3 to that newest version (RT3.1.1).

In use during a roast, I-RoR starts out off the chart and drops into view (at least on my usual profile) at about 3 min into the roast. That initial off-scale behavior is caused by the initial steep slope of IBTS. That means I-RoR is such a large value initially that auto-ranging of Y2 set a scale so high it made data that arrives later unusable because it was compressed near the X axis.

So the plan now should be to set Roast Config for Y2 axis to something that makes both I-RoR & B-RoR readable during a roast (I chose Y2 = 40)ā€¦

I donā€™t see I-RoR on recent charts I view on R.Wā€¦ probably coming soon, but for now you can view the newer charts in RT3.

Bruce

3 Likes

Youā€™re right, @bab . This isnā€™t available yet in RW. However, we do have plans to get this over to RW. Currently, Iā€™m caught up with some support-specific work though. So this will more than likely be added to RW after that.

2 Likes

Having both ibts and bt RORs visible has been one of the best things of RT 3+. I make my P and F changes based on IBTS but as you mentioned, the initial few minutes of the i-ror is unusable. Post yellowing, it is a useful tool. So, my recent roasts have been based on b-ror initially, then i-ror and a delta temp, dtr and target temp combo, which provides a very holistic approach, IMHO.

3 Likes