Roastime not loading

Update.

Removed RT2.5.7, which I had left on after RT upgrade, and white screen issue has stopped.

Reinstalled RT3.1.8 and added the RoasTime.exe file to McAfee’s excluded file list as shown in the screen shot above. So far no issues with the icon going white and no error messages about the shortcut path not working.

Just got done roasting a batch of coffee with no issues. RT and the Bullet both worked perfectly.

Will update again if any issues do occur.

Did that and it worked. Did two 350 g roasts and still working.

Grazia,
John

Glad you guys got it working - yeah, as Jacob mentioned, the 2 aren’t meant to be running side by side since they share a directory structure. So each time you open the other one, it causes a data corruption issue.

I will see if I can’t figure out why Mcafee is flagging us.

Thanks!

@mcaillio it’s not just Mcafee, but Norton as well.

1 Like

Not working again.

McAfee keeps removing the excluded files.

Seemed like RT 3.1.8 worked ok. But when I did the update McAfee removed the excluded files because they were updated. Now RT won’t open at all. Icon still remains but nothing happens. And McAfee keeps removing the files each time after I add them to the excluded list.

Update Uninstalled RT3.1.9 again. Reinstalled 3.1.8 and skipped the update. Seemed to work fine before the update yesterday, so just going to stick with that for now.

I don’t have McAfee so difficult to help. I use windows defender and that seems to work ok.

Ok I am now having same problem but with Trend Micro anti virus software. Even when I click “Trust this Program” it just keeps repeating and nothing happens. Has only happened since RT software update.

Hey @Snidely_Whiplash - I see you can click on “file”. Does that show the path to the file? If so, can you send it over?

@mcaillio I reinstalled Trend Micro to bypass the issue and it works now. However I lost the history of files blocked. The file would have been the Aillio RoastTime update exe file, as it just blocked RT after doing the update

It might be interesting to verify which file Trend Micro Folder Shield is protecting. From the TM website:

Your Trend Micro security software can prevent ransomware from maliciously encrypting your files and holding them hostage until you pay the attacker. Folder Shield adds an extra layer of defense that limits access to files within the protected folder.

1 Like

Yeah, that is my thoughts exactly. Not sure what file we would be trying to access that it doesn’t like. If it pops up again, let me know the path.

Thanks!

Trend Micro has a standard approach to Block any exe file trying to make changes to hard drive. Normally, you just click “Trust this file” to allow it to proceed, but this time it just kept looping back to block the file.
It was definitely the RT file to upgrade from RT 3.1.8 to 3.1.9 as I had just initiated the update download. The update file would have been trying to overwrite the previous RT on HDD version so TM stepped in.

Given it is now working fine after TM reinstall, I assume it was a problem with TM not RT.

This was the file TM was blocking. I was able to retrieve details from another device on my TM protection suite.