Roastime USB connection says "issue" during 4 minutes into preheat

I’ve been roasting on the Bullet R1 for about a month now. Everything has been working fine until yesterday. RoasTime USB connection goes from “connected” to “issue” after about 4 minutes into the preheating. No data from the roaster shows in RoasTime and the only feature that works on RoasTime is PRS button.

Any help is appreciated since this renders the software useless.

Hi @bunnyslope , which version of RoasTime are you running?

If you’ve just updated to the latest v4.6.9, you’ll need to completely restart both the software and roaster.

Could you also export your logs and send them to us?

Open RoasTime → Settings → Software → Export Logs

You can email them to me [email protected]

Running the latest version of RoasTime and restarted both but same situation. Emailed you the log.

I am having a similar issue. I cannot get my V2 Bullet to preheat using Roastime 4 or 3. Going to send you the logs as well @jeffaillio

Thanks for reporting, we are currently investigating this issue.

@jdvire09.5VFQ could you please email me your full log files?

You can find them in the menu in the top right, Settings->Software->Export Logs

[email protected]

Thanks!

Hi Jeff, RoasTime just updated to v4.6.15 and that seems to fix the problem.

In my case, same situation, seems to be the USB mother. I’ll try to send the events.

Roastime did another updated, but still says v4.6.15 and now I’m having the same problem with the software saying the bullet is disconnected about 5 minutes into the roast.

1 Like

I have same issue …I updated firmware …I don’t know how to solve it.
I’m using mac book air with M1 chips, and roast time 4. 6. 15 version.

@bunnyslope are you also on an M1 mac?

1 Like

@mcaillio Do you have same disconnected issue ?
how did you solve it?

@keicoffee This is a known issue, but we have not been able to replicate it. Does it always happen at 5 minutes? Is it 5 minutes exactly?

1 Like

@keicoffee @bunnyslope I added you both to our early testers cohort. Can you restart the application to get an updated comms and see if this is still an issue?

1 Like

Thank you for your time @mcaillio :smiley:
I turned off all systems and computers and turned them back on after an hour and it’s working!