RoasTime Ver. 3.2.4 Update

I’ve noticed that RoasTime 3.2.4 doesn’t respect the archived beans setting on roast.world - I posted about it on Slack but it’s a bit confusing for me to know which site is best for things like that.

Other minor issues (may be new or old, not sure)

• When viewing a roast the Bean name is underlined on mouse over but clicking has no action
  • Relative dates on Roast History view aren’t always updated. For example, opening RT this morning roasts from two days ago were still dated as Yesterday. Quitting and reopening didn’t change the date.

If there were an official channel for reporting software and hardware issues I’d be more inclined to send them in.

@1265 For hardware issues you will want to email [email protected], for anything software related - the slack is the best place. You can mention me directly on there. I didn’t see your message, was it posted in #roast-time?

It’s under #general
It’s not clear to me which channel is best, and there’s never a specific thread here for version releases so everything feels a little scattered. I’ll move it to #roastime and add the list items I’ve posted here.
Thanks.

@E.R Yes, I totally agree to you.

But please be aware of that I was forced to had RT upgraded to 3.2.4 without any option.
And this caused me the problems and stop my work.

Here is the only place where I can get help I guess. That’s why I post for help.

1 Like

mcaillio Thank you!

Hello, I do not know the etiquette on how to use this forum, so forgive if not doing it right. Following instructions on Getting Ready to Use RoasTime and Roast World - aillio, I have downloaded RoasTime 3.2.4 to a new laptop (old one died) and I cannot get it to recognize drivers for the roaster. Today and I deleted everything and started over but now the upload drivers link in RoasTime settings produces no results. Yesterday it would download a Winzip file, but today nothing. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

I have the same problem. None of the suggested options worked, so I’m looking forward to a suggestion that actually works. Before the update the software worked great for me and I never had a problem.
I understand that these things can happen, I just wait for a solution.

I’m wondering if the best solution to take for now is make the .exe for v3.2.3 available for download again so people can roast while the team squashes the bugs in 3.2.4? Just a thought…

2 Likes

Hey,

Did you try opening the software before preheating the roaster? The bug is from being in preheat/roasting before opening the software. Will have a fix out tomorrow.

Due to the auto-updating framework, it would attempt to update every time you open the application - so that may not be a solution. I do have a bug fix for this that I am going to release tomorrow. Is there any other bug besides the profile one here?

There is a lot of negativity in here, but not lots of actual bug reports apart from the one that we are working on in the original post.

@E.R I can see that you and @anon37126170 have the same IP address and are likely the same person. This is really getting ridiculous. 1st of all, no one from Aillio has flagged you at all. I have tried to be civil and actually take your feedback, but you don’t seem to want to work with us, so that is really on you at this point. As stated before, we are not forcing you to use RoasTime, you can feel free to use Artisan or another software as you wish.

2 Likes

For all those with this issue, I will have a fix tomorrow. In the meantime, don’t start preheating or roasting until after the app is open as a workaround.

2 Likes